Premed 101 Forums

Has UBC dentistry sent out invitations yet?

Did your application need to be marked as complete by August 31 to receive an early interview? I submitted everything early except for my AP scores which took forever due to COVID delays. I did send in an unofficial score report by August 31 though :/ I really hope I am being considered for an early interview...

When you guys look at your portal does it say your session is 2021W(1)?

On 9/12/2020 at 8:08 PM, VolleyBro said:

Doesn't seem like it... I recall reading on their admission page that invitations are sent out first-second week of October. Hang in there, bro

I haven't seen that on website. I don't think they would let us know in October for the early interview since, according to the website, their first date for early interview is October 3rd!!! I'm thinking they should be sending out invitations this week or next week. At least I hope so! I really don't want to find out I have to participate in an interview 3 days before the actual interview lol

56 minutes ago, zdoq said:

Did your application need to be marked as complete by August 31 to receive an early interview? I submitted everything early except for my AP scores which took forever due to COVID delays. I did send in an unofficial score report by August 31 though :/ I really hope I am being considered for an early interview...

When you guys look at your portal does it say your session is 2021W(1)?

I had a similar problem where one of my references has been at home under self-isolation since August 20th and hasn't been able to submit his letter. Although he is not one of my two required references (he's a third, optional one) I really don't know if I will still be considered for an early interview or not. 
Also yes mine says 2021W(1) as well ;)

3 minutes ago, Shae94 said:

I haven't seen that on website. I don't think they would let us know in October for the early interview since, according to the website, their first date for early interview is October 3rd!!! I'm thinking they should be sending out invitations this week or next week. At least I hope so! I really don't want to find out I have to participate in an interview 3 days before the actual interview lol

A lot of the American dental schools have been giving as little as a 4 day turn-around from sending out the invite to the interview day. Since everything is virtual this year they don't have to take travel into consideration, so it's possible that invites don't go out till later than usual. 

3 minutes ago, zdoq said:

A lot of the American dental schools have been giving as little as a 4 day turn-around from sending out the invite to the interview day. Since everything is virtual this year they don't have to take travel into consideration, so it's possible that invites don't go out till later than usual. 

Yeah you got a point :( I hope that's not the case. I mean according to their own staff we're not technically supposed to prepare for interview...too much lol 
But if you do actually find anything on the website or elsewhere regarding this please let us know cause I haven't seen anything and I'm dying for an answer ahaha 

7 hours ago, Shae94 said:

Oops, my apologies. Yea, Oct 3rd and Oct 17th (wow, that's a looooot earlier than what I recalled). They'll probably give us 2 weeks (at most) in advance. So hopefully, we'll get a response by the end of this week :3