Premed 101 Forums

Transcripts Update

1 hour ago, DrKing said:

For those who had their transcripts mailed in, what’s your current status? Received? Or Unchanged? Just checking in. 

Transcripts sent from British Columbia on August 31 but not showing as received at either University of Calgary or U of Alberta med schools. Therefore, transcripts sent again on August 31; getting nervous... I feel like they should’ve been shown as received on the websites by now

I sent mine on July 13th from U of C so it shouldn't have taken long but it still says not received. Do we need to have completed the transcripts tab in the application for them to mark it as received? I've input all my grades and calculated my GPA but I haven't completed the "why you chose your undergraduate degree" portion so I'm wondering if that could be causing the hold up 

If all our transcripts haven’t been checked off in the system yet then I’m going to go with there’s just so much happening and working from home is creating a backlog. With all our transcripts coming from different institutions/locations, yet still having the same result I’d say my explanation is plausible. It’s no worries guys.

sent mine on July 9th (Ottawa) and July 20th (Calgary)

If anyone else is still panicking, I sent all of my transcripts on July 7th (2 from undergrad in BC, 1 from grad school at UofC). My BC transcripts arrived on Aug 11 and Sept 18, and my UofC transcripts just got uploaded TODAY. I didn't use a courier cause I figured sending them in July would be more than enough time - you can imagine the stress I've been feeling.

They have some serious backlogging to catch up on. It's nerve-racking for sure, but if you sent them, just try to trust the process. I had contacted all my institutions to get confirmation from them that they were indeed sent around the time I ordered them and was prepared to give this to admissions if anything went wrong. As long as you do the same, you should be fine (from what I understood from the admissions blog the other day).

Good luck to you all! :)