Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2020/2021 Cycle

I honestly still cannot believe that I am posting this... but I received an OOP Invite (Ontario) today around 2:30PM EST

GPA: ~85% 

MCAT: 510

ECs: varied, a lot of research related items but 1 pub and advocacy work

I finished my MSc last September and have been working since.

I'd love to be added to the interview prep group if one has been created! Best of luck to those that received an interview! :)

7 hours ago, Boater223 said:

The class of 2024 also is organizing small groups, panel discussion and other resources with current medical students via a Facebook group that will be in your interview invite. :-)

Where is this in the interview invite? I got one yesterday but can't seem to find it in the email. Does it come in a later email?

For people living in Newfoundland - are you all currently using Newfoundland Standard time? My invitation is in Newfoundland Daylight Time but when I go to convert this to EST, it tells me Newfoundland is currently using Newfoundland Standard Time. This might be a dumb question, I'm just really worried about converting the time wrong and being late! 

1 hour ago, premed1120 said:

For people living in Newfoundland - are you all currently using Newfoundland Standard time? My invitation is in Newfoundland Daylight Time but when I go to convert this to EST, it tells me Newfoundland is currently using Newfoundland Standard Time. This might be a dumb question, I'm just really worried about converting the time wrong and being late! 

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing and the name just has to do with daylight savings time ending :). 

7 hours ago, jmn753 said:

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing and the name just has to do with daylight savings time ending :). 

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear: NDT would be 2.5 hours ahead of EST, and NST would only be 1.5 hours ahead. So just not sure if I should use NDT (what my invite was in) or NST (what St. John's is currently using)

5 hours ago, premed1120 said:

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear: NDT would be 2.5 hours ahead of EST, and NST would only be 1.5 hours ahead. So just not sure if I should use NDT (what my invite was in) or NST (what St. John's is currently using)

https://www.btb.termiumplus.gc.ca/tpv2guides/guides/wrtps/index-eng.html?lang=eng&lettr=indx_catlog_n&page=9CCaQYULtd9A.html#:~:text=From early November to mid,zones is one-half hour.&text=John's%2C which is on Newfoundland Daylight Time.

According to this link, it's currently NST! 

On 11/1/2020 at 10:29 PM, premed1120 said:

The time just changed from daylight to standard time (NDT to NST) on the day you posted this (at 2 am on nov 1), so that's probably where the confusion is coming from!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 11:17 AM, Limes said:

For those who were unsuccessful this year, I highly recommend scheduling a follow up interview with admissions to go over your application with you. This is my third go around and I feel like their input has helped strengthen my application from year to year. I was able to meet with Dr. Thiessen last year and I found him to be quite helpful.

Thanks for letting us know about this! Do they give any feedback on CASPer?

1 hour ago, morgmorgmorg said:

Thanks for letting us know about this! Do they give any feedback on CASPer?

This is the first year that Mun med has used the CASPer, so truthfully, I doubt anyone knows! Best bet is to give them a shout and see if they're willing to discuss your application with you. I can't give any concrete evidence as to how specific they'll be with you.

16 minutes ago, Limes said:

This is the first year that Mun med has used the CASPer, so truthfully, I doubt anyone knows! Best bet is to give them a shout and see if they're willing to discuss your application with you. I can't give any concrete evidence as to how specific they'll be with you.

Great, thanks! I have my meeting scheduled with them for tomorrow :)