Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2020/2021 Cycle


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New update! The website has been changed again and now says we will hear back between October 21-30!

Just got my rejection (OOP) 

Hi everyone, OOP and just got my rejection.  

I honestly still cannot believe that I am posting this... but I received an OOP Invite (Ontario) today around 2:30PM EST

GPA: ~85% 

MCAT: 510

ECs: varied, a lot of research related items but 1 pub and advocacy work

I finished my MSc last September and have been working since.

I'd love to be added to the interview prep group if one has been created! Best of luck to those that received an interview! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

For people living in Newfoundland - are you all currently using Newfoundland Standard time? My invitation is in Newfoundland Daylight Time but when I go to convert this to EST, it tells me Newfoundland is currently using Newfoundland Standard Time. This might be a dumb question, I'm just really worried about converting the time wrong and being late! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, premed1120 said:

For people living in Newfoundland - are you all currently using Newfoundland Standard time? My invitation is in Newfoundland Daylight Time but when I go to convert this to EST, it tells me Newfoundland is currently using Newfoundland Standard Time. This might be a dumb question, I'm just really worried about converting the time wrong and being late! 

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing and the name just has to do with daylight savings time ending :). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jmn753 said:

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing and the name just has to do with daylight savings time ending :). 

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear: NDT would be 2.5 hours ahead of EST, and NST would only be 1.5 hours ahead. So just not sure if I should use NDT (what my invite was in) or NST (what St. John's is currently using)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, premed1120 said:

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear: NDT would be 2.5 hours ahead of EST, and NST would only be 1.5 hours ahead. So just not sure if I should use NDT (what my invite was in) or NST (what St. John's is currently using)

https://www.btb.termiumplus.gc.ca/tpv2guides/guides/wrtps/index-eng.html?lang=eng&lettr=indx_catlog_n&page=9CCaQYULtd9A.html#:~:text=From early November to mid,zones is one-half hour.&text=John's%2C which is on Newfoundland Daylight Time.

According to this link, it's currently NST! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 10:29 PM, premed1120 said:

For people living in Newfoundland - are you all currently using Newfoundland Standard time? My invitation is in Newfoundland Daylight Time but when I go to convert this to EST, it tells me Newfoundland is currently using Newfoundland Standard Time. This might be a dumb question, I'm just really worried about converting the time wrong and being late! 

The time just changed from daylight to standard time (NDT to NST) on the day you posted this (at 2 am on nov 1), so that's probably where the confusion is coming from!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 11:17 AM, Limes said:

For those who were unsuccessful this year, I highly recommend scheduling a follow up interview with admissions to go over your application with you. This is my third go around and I feel like their input has helped strengthen my application from year to year. I was able to meet with Dr. Thiessen last year and I found him to be quite helpful.

Thanks for letting us know about this! Do they give any feedback on CASPer?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, morgmorgmorg said:

Thanks for letting us know about this! Do they give any feedback on CASPer?

This is the first year that Mun med has used the CASPer, so truthfully, I doubt anyone knows! Best bet is to give them a shout and see if they're willing to discuss your application with you. I can't give any concrete evidence as to how specific they'll be with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Limes said:

This is the first year that Mun med has used the CASPer, so truthfully, I doubt anyone knows! Best bet is to give them a shout and see if they're willing to discuss your application with you. I can't give any concrete evidence as to how specific they'll be with you.

Great, thanks! I have my meeting scheduled with them for tomorrow :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...