Premed 101 Forums

Don't have verifiers with non personal emails

So I'm in the home stretch of writing my application and I am just realizing that a lot of my experiences in my Top 10 do not have a verifier. 

For some they don't because they are a personal experience, but there are a couple volunteering experiences that do not have verifiers because the person who supervised my volunteering doesn't have an institutional email (Ex-camp director who no longer runs the camp and does not have access to that email, I volunteered with some small businesses in another country however they do not have organization emails either, worked at a local store in a small town for years that does not have an organization email). I have verifiers for each of the activities, just can't put them down because they don't have the right type of email.

How big of an issue do you think this will be? Obviously I have no choice but to leave them blank, but how poorly do you think it will reflect on my application? Right now about 6/10 of my entries are have "no verifier". 

I thought Dr. P had mentioned it was alright to put personal email addresses as long as you also include a phone number for the verifier. He said something along the lines of them not expecting you to be carrying like 5 cell phones so it doesn't look too shady as long as you put phone numbers for all of them. Personally, I have 5 of my Top 10 entries that I can't provide a verifier for because they were personal activities or events in my life that aren't connected to a volunteering or work experience - they're just things only my family knows about. It makes me nervous to have so many with no verifier but when I really reflect on my life they have been the most important and influential experiences so I don't know how I would write authentically about other things. I think after reading as many applications as they do file reviewers can determine when applicants are writing from a place of authenticity (hopefully). Good luck with your application!