Premed 101 Forums

Hi, I got my MCAT score back today! Though its great that I got this weight off my shoulders, I feel as if I can't help but feel disappointed, as I scored 130/127/131/129 and am unsure if I would be competitive in Canada. Please let me know if it would be worth to retake, I need a bit of advice. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

hey! Last year I got a 130/127/129/130 and I ended up retaking for cars. I did it mainly bc 128+ really increases your chances for mac and in the past, western's cut off has ranged from like 130-127, so I felt safer retaking for western as well. 128 is also the cut off for OOP u of alberta applicants. The final factor was that I didn't think my summer could be spent more productively doing anything else bc of covid. it took me a long time to decide, so feel free to message me for advice!

Your overall score is great, so I wouldn't worry about that! I agree with the above posters that the only thing that might hold you back is cars, but 127 isn't that bad so it's really up to you if you want to take the effort to rewrite to try and increase cars. For Mac 128+ is ideal but there are definitely lots of 127s who get interviews, and for Western the cutoff for cars this year was 127 so you should be fine but it is possible that it could increase in the future. If the rest of your application is strong I probably wouldn't bother, but ultimately it's your choice!