Premed 101 Forums

UOttawa - top 3 activities per section

14 minutes ago, TheDarkPassenger said:

So does this mean that we shouldn't even bother putting anything other than our top 3 in each category? Meaning, only have 3 activities in each category? I'm only applying to Ottawa.

On OMSAS, there's a small box you click to check mark if an activity is in your top 3 or not. You should include all your normal activities for ABS and then be able to click which ones are in your top 3 for each category. 

2 hours ago, Grind4MD said:

Hey yeah I emailed them a while back and they said that the top 3 are considered for the ABS scoring. Which means you should choose things wisely and honestly in regards to how they prepared you for medicine. Make sure you have verifiers that are not family or friend for them or they will discard your application.

Thanks! Does this mean they won't even look/ consider the other entries? 

7 minutes ago, slimduck said:

Thanks! Does this mean they won't even look/ consider the other entries? 

Yes, they do not consider others. I think they changed it to narrow down proper entries vs. random cookie-cutter volunteer positions. Many schools are going this route so choose activities that have quality (i.e. long-term, most learning experiences etc...).