Premed 101 Forums

Invite Countdown

Just now, yeescience said:

May I ask how you know (I'm scared to get my hopes up haha).

There's a facebook page you get invited to when you receive an invite, the same facebook page gets changed year after year to reflect the new cycle and the new M1 reps for the current year and in the past few years the timing of the change is either on the day of the invites get sent out or give a take a day or two before. The group announced today the new M1 reps so i'm just guessing the invites come out tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, EgginTryingTime said:

There's a facebook page you get invited to when you receive an invite, the same facebook page gets changed year after year to reflect the new cycle and the new M1 reps for the current year and in the past few years the timing of the change is either on the day of the invites get sent out or give a take a day or two before. The group announced today the new M1 reps so i'm just guessing the invites come out tomorrow!

Thanks! Good luck to everyone! This forum has honestly been therapeutic for me.

14 minutes ago, EgginTryingTime said:

Oof this makes logical sense and it made me a whole lot more anxious...similar feeling to the night before my MCAT score release LOL

4 hours ago, EgginTryingTime said:

Question: how do they find your FB profile in order to invite you? Do they just search you up, or is some sort of link sent to your email?

6 hours ago, EgginTryingTime said:

Question: What to do if you don't have a facebook?

8 hours ago, MasterDoc said:

Question: What to do if you don't have a facebook?

You will need to get Facebook if you get into Dal. All of the medical students connect on there whether it is to share study resources or student events and everyone uses Facebook messenger as a group chat.

The reps will monitor the ask a med student gmail account as well, but you could also make a Facebook so you can monitor for updates! :)

I hope this helps!

I'm going to ruffle a few feathers with this post, but a lot of you guys need to take a deep breath, close your eyes, take a step back, and exhale. Some of you are using this forum as a way to co-ruminate undue neuroticism and thats not healthy. There's a time and place for support among compatriots, but this thread has gone beyond that. DAL hasn't forgotten about sending out invites, they will do it - in time. It's written in multiple places on their website that they will send out invites sometime in October. We are the 22nd. Ya'll are basing your "interview release" date on a sample size of 2-3 past years when the current year is certainly an anomaly. It could happen today, tomorrow, next week - heck, it can even be delayed! The point is that DAL will communicate in time. Go outside, enjoy life, know that everything at this point is in the hands of the great cosmic aether. The only thing excessively worrying is going to accomplish is reinforce future worry.

27 minutes ago, JLLP said:

I'm going to ruffle a few feathers with this post, but a lot of you guys need to take a deep breath, close your eyes, take a step back, and exhale. Some of you are using this forum as a way to co-ruminate undue neuroticism and thats not healthy. There's a time and place for support among compatriots, but this thread has gone beyond that. DAL hasn't forgotten about sending out invites, they will do it - in time. It's written in multiple places on their website that they will send out invites sometime in October. We are the 22nd. Ya'll are basing your "interview release" date on a sample size of 2-3 past years when the current year is certainly an anomaly. It could happen today, tomorrow, next week - heck, it can even be delayed! The point is that DAL will communicate in time. Go outside, enjoy life, know that everything at this point is in the hands of the great cosmic aether. The only thing excessively worrying is going to accomplish is reinforce future worry.

Hey! I completely agree with your statement 100% and not looking to ruffle your feathers ;) However, coming on here and engaging with others who are going through a lot of the same struggles as me is actually quite comforting and what keeps me going. My family and friends irl don’t really understand what it’s like, so knowing there’s a community out there that gets it is really important to me. So although we don’t want to help the neuroticism flourish, I also wouldn’t want people to take a step back from support they can’t get elsewhere, or feel ashamed from seeking it here, and I’d rather them express how they’re feeling to feel a little less alone :)