Premed 101 Forums

How important is involvement in student clubs to the CaRMS matching process?

As an MS1, I feel the same level of pressure to be as actively involved in my school's student clubs as possible. Is this involvement beneficial and/or even significant for CaRMS application in comparison to other experiences such as research? For example, I am currently working as a part-time research assistant in 2 different labs currently (one basic science and one clinical research) and I'm concerned that I will struggle with burnout as the months drag on. 

4 hours ago, blessedbutstressed said:

As an MS1, I feel the same level of pressure to be as actively involved in my school's student clubs as possible. Is this involvement beneficial and/or even significant for CaRMS application in comparison to other experiences such as research?

Not beneficial

4 hours ago, blessedbutstressed said:

I am currently working as a part-time research assistant in 2 different labs currently (one basic science and one clinical research) and I'm concerned that I will struggle with burnout as the months drag on. 

Usefulness depends on specialty.