Premed 101 Forums

Admission 2021

cc11

Hello,

Do you guys have an idea on how would McGill selection process work this year since winter 2020 would not be taken into consideration in the gpa calculation for some students while others who have already graduated might have more credits counting towards their overall gpa (and might be more competitive) ?

(don't know if it's clear my English is a little rusty :D)

I think they just exclude your grades from winter 2020 and you hope for the best or something to be honest lol. For those who weren’t in school winter 2020 and aren’t affected, nothing else changes. It will probably either suck a lot if you had great grades in winter 2020, or it’ll be good for you if you did awful in winter 2020. I think they aren’t doing much else to make it more fair. But maybe someone else can correct me if I’m wrong. Good luck!! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 12:30 PM, RN_to_MD said:

I think they just exclude your grades from winter 2020 and you hope for the best or something to be honest lol. For those who weren’t in school winter 2020 and aren’t affected, nothing else changes. It will probably either suck a lot if you had great grades in winter 2020, or it’ll be good for you if you did awful in winter 2020. I think they aren’t doing much else to make it more fair. But maybe someone else can correct me if I’m wrong. Good luck!! 

Haha yeah I was counting on my winter grades to be considered. My gpa dropped a bit from 3,9x/4.3 to 3.7x/4 when I converted my grades. Now I'm unsure if it will be enough for this cycle. I'll hope for the best lol. Also do you know if they round up the gpa to one decimal ?