Premed 101 Forums

wGPA calculation-Toronto

Hello:

I have one general question regarding revised wGPA calculations. Toronto website has the following infomation:

• Existing: Eligible to drop 3.0 or more FCEs of lowest grades if they have taken a full course load during the regular academic year (September to April for most programs) in each year of their undergraduate studies. The number of dropped FCEs is equivalent to the number of undergraduate years completed.
  • New: Eligible to drop 2.0 FCEs of lowest grades if they have taken a full course load during the regular academic year (September to April of most programs) in each year of their undergraduate studies.

Does that mean 2.0 FCE ( 2 - 3 credit courses) can be dropped each year or total 2.0 FCE for the full undergraduate?

How will they count  full year courses in calculation of wGPA  that were 6.0 credit ( I guess 2FCE) and taken during fall and winter but received grade after winter term?

Please advise

6 minutes ago, rainy said:

Hello:

I have one general question regarding revised wGPA calculations. Toronto website has the following infomation:

• Existing: Eligible to drop 3.0 or more FCEs of lowest grades if they have taken a full course load during the regular academic year (September to April for most programs) in each year of their undergraduate studies. The number of dropped FCEs is equivalent to the number of undergraduate years completed.
  • New: Eligible to drop 2.0 FCEs of lowest grades if they have taken a full course load during the regular academic year (September to April of most programs) in each year of their undergraduate studies.

Does that mean 2.0 FCE ( 2 - 3 credit courses) can be dropped each year or total 2.0 FCE for the full undergraduate?

How will they count  full year courses in calculation of wGPA  that were 6.0 credit ( I guess 2FCE) and taken during fall and winter but received grade after winter term?

Please advise

It's 2 FCE total in undergrad, not 2 per year. Also, 1 FCE is equal to one full-year course so a 6.0 credit course would be 1 FCE, not two