Premed 101 Forums

I

JohnMan

Just now, MD202X said:

RIP. Your app is getting thrown out man. Get some sunscreen ready and start your Caribbean medical school application ASAP. Pretty sure you got blacklisted from OMSAS and CaRMS :(

Bro don't make it worse I overthink about everything and would probably worry about this comment for a week. 

2 hours ago, JohnMan said:

I was going over my OMSAS ABS and discovered two typos in two last minute entries. I wrote langugae instead of language and strengthing instead of strengthening. They don't have an impact of the meaning or anything but I'm sure adcoms will feel like I'm stupid... did I just waste an admission cycle? I'll keep worrying about this for months. 

No, and please don't worry. I promise you this will not affect whether you receive interviews or not. I combed through my application, but I'm sure my eyes skipped over a few misspellings or grammatical errors. I'm sure many others are in the same boat (made a spelling mistake or grammatical error). It happens. Try not to worry. 

4 hours ago, JohnMan said:

I was going over my OMSAS ABS and discovered two typos in two last minute entries. I wrote langugae instead of language and strengthing instead of strengthening. They don't have an impact of the meaning or anything but I'm sure adcoms will feel like I'm stupid... did I just waste an admission cycle? I'll keep worrying about this for months. 

https://www.sgu.edu/

time to apply here

I'd imagine you'll be fine unless it's a systemic thing (2 small errors are not). If someone is reading at light speed (because who really wants to spend a ton of time reading "Member of ABC Club" a dozen+ times..) they may even fail to to notice/chalk it up to simple keyboard errors everyone makes.  

Add "Questionable Handwriting" as an "Other" ABS entry next time (if needed) and you're well on your way to success. 

5 hours ago, JohnMan said:

Sorry dude, it's over :( :( 

Jk, I doubt they even notice the errors.