Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

CASPerp Snapshot is now optional


Recommended Posts

They updated the requirement of CASPer snapshot on the CASPer website from "required" to "optional" for uOttawa. I'm not exactly sure what this means. Are they going to use it in a way that if it benefits you they will consider it, but if not they will disregard it? If I don't do it between now and the deadline, is there a chance that they could change their mind later on and I would be screwed? Who knows...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, BENQQQQQ said:

Did you guys end up doing it? I got interviewed last year so still haven't made up my mind if I should risk it, but since in email they told me it's is HIGHLY recommended I may have to do it to be safe?

Personally, I'm not. For me personally, if it was something significant in the evaluation process they should atleast message every single applicant about this and or put it on there admissions website. Due to the lack of communication and explicit emphasis by the adcoms, I'm leaning toward that they are just probably going to use it to collect data and therefore, I'm less inclined to write it. Just my 2 cents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, drager said:

Personally, I'm not. For me personally, if it was something significant in the evaluation process they should atleast message every single applicant about this and or put it on there admissions website. Due to the lack of communication and explicit emphasis by the adcoms, I'm leaning toward that they are just probably going to use it to collect data and therefore, I'm less inclined to write it. Just my 2 cents.

Fair point! I'm still hesitating probably will end up taking only if I feel comfortable with myself on camera without another live person. I just hope there is no penalty for not doing it since it looks like it was originally required meaning a good proportion of applicants probably did it, but jsut my assumptions

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BENQQQQQ said:

Fair point! I'm still hesitating probably will end up taking only if I feel comfortable with myself on camera without another live person. I just hope there is no penalty for not doing it since it looks like it was originally required meaning a good proportion of applicants probably did it, but jsut my assumptions

That's true, at this same time, there is a possibility of their being a really biased sample of applicants, in my opinion, potential applicants that are confident about their interviewing skills or doing video interviews will be more likely to do the snapshot and perhaps an applicant may not fare as well compared to these more experienced applicants. This is what I reasoned so far, maybe, I'm wrong and just scared lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, drager said:

That's true, at this same time, there is a possibility of their being a really biased sample of applicants, in my opinion, potential applicants that are confident about their interviewing skills or doing video interviews will be more likely to do the snapshot and perhaps an applicant may not fare as well compared to these more experienced applicants. This is what I reasoned so far, maybe, I'm wrong and just scared lol.

That's valid, yeah I need to consider this more carefully

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, it's probably just a way for them to gauge whether they should use it or not in the future. I doubt it will be used this year if its optional (it won't be fair otherwise). It's similar to how uOttawa used to recommend submitting a MCAT score (because they wanted it for research purposes to see if they should end up including it in the future).

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheDarkPassenger said:

To be honest, it's probably just a way for them to gauge whether they should use it or not in the future. I doubt it will be used this year if its optional (it won't be fair otherwise). It's similar to how uOttawa used to recommend submitting a MCAT score (because they wanted it for research purposes to see if they should end up including it in the future).

I agree with this. I still submitted mine just in case they want to use it for this cycle, but I personally think it is more of a test to see if they want to use it later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...