Premed 101 Forums

B.C. Election 2020: NDP pledges second medical school at Surrey SFU campus

https://vancouversun.com/news/b-c-election-2020-ndp-pledges-second-medical-school-at-surrey-sfu-campus

Looks like BC might be getting a new medical school...

Was a bit surprised about this as I thought the plan was to create a distributed site at SFU from the UBC program, like the UVic, UBCO, and UNBC sites. The NDP seem favoured to win so this has a good chance of becoming a reality.

Personally I think BC could save a bunch of money by just increasing residencies and poaching trainees from Alberta...

18 hours ago, Redpill said:

https://vancouversun.com/news/b-c-election-2020-ndp-pledges-second-medical-school-at-surrey-sfu-campus

Looks like BC might be getting a new medical school...

Was a bit surprised about this as I thought the plan was to create a distributed site at SFU from the UBC program, like the UVic, UBCO, and UNBC sites. The NDP seem favoured to win so this has a good chance of becoming a reality.

Personally I think BC could save a bunch of money by just increasing residencies and poaching trainees from Alberta...

Not familiar with the politics of things, but this is obviously not a real plan.    The article doesn't even make sense, how can they open up a medical school that fast? 

This is clearly a classic example of promising the world, without actually understanding how things work.    Political showmanship with zero substance.