Premed 101 Forums

Asked for clarification?

I would say my activity descriptions and clarification of hours were as specific as could be in my actual application. A few days ago, Admissions contacted me asking me to provide a more detailed breakdown and explanation of my specific role, hours, dates, and positions in one of my activities. The verifier for this specific activity was also contacted before this, and they had already said 'yes' to the verification. Has anyone gotten such an email?

11 hours ago, ubccommutergirl said:

I would say my activity descriptions and clarification of hours were as specific as could be in my actual application. A few days ago, Admissions contacted me asking me to provide a more detailed breakdown and explanation of my specific role, hours, dates, and positions in one of my activities. The verifier for this specific activity was also contacted before this, and they had already said 'yes' to the verification. Has anyone gotten such an email?

I've heard of cases of this happening before. They just want some more information for whatever reason. Either the numbers don't add up on paper or something looks off. I wouldn't take it as a bad thing, just an activity that the file reviewer needed more information about to properly evaluate.

Apparently, I was told that sometimes they are just surprised you were able to squeeze so many activities into one big time block, OR they misunderstood what certain entries were. For example I had 3 activities going on at once + a part time job so it looked like I was doing more than 24 hours a day, but in reality they were staggered. One of those activities also ended summer 2017 and another activity started in its place but in my verification request they made it sound like I did everything all at once. 

I just sent back a weekly schedule-ish thing. Like "Monday AM - Activity 1", etc.