Premed 101 Forums

2020 Interview/Invite Thread

Also interesting to note that they said there was a "significant" increase in the number of applications received this cycle. This is I think what most people predicted, and I think all OOP applications for Med schools this year will be more competitive this year, probably because interviews are online and the hassle of booking a flight/hotel is no longer a deterrent. 

2 minutes ago, JLLP said:

Rejected - IP (NS)

506 MCAT

3.9GPA

Thought that IP was garanteed an invite so long as cut-offs were met. Best of luck to all and see some of you on here next cycle!

I would consider emailing them because I am pretty sure that IP interviews are guaranteed as long as you met the GPA/MCAT/Casper cutoffs. I believe people who did not meet the Casper cutoffs received an email earlier in September.

3 minutes ago, JLLP said:

Rejected - IP (NS)

506 MCAT

3.9GPA

Thought that IP was garanteed an invite so long as cut-offs were met. Best of luck to all and see some of you on here next cycle!

could also have been casper cutoffs EDIT: realized that casper was emailed a while ago

Edited by gingerbean

3 minutes ago, maple123 said:

What?? Did they say it was because of CASPer? 

2 minutes ago, MedDalQuestion1 said:

I would consider emailing them because I am pretty sure that interviews are guaranteed as long as you met the GPA/MCAT/Casper cutoffs. I believe people who did not meet the Casper cutoffs received an email earlier in September.

Felt very confident with respect to the caspr, thought i did fantastic, never received an email. Scored over 125 in each mcat section. Full courseload and lowest grade was A- in both senior years.

23 minutes ago, Dancegal said:

just got my rejection, 4.0 and 521 

half of my family is from Halifax. dal was my top choice

Wow that's a hell of a Maritimes connection.

Seeing as a 250 word essay is basically the only factor that determines if you get an interview if OOP,  I can't believe that this isn't enough (and ditto to some of the others I've seen on this page). 

22 minutes ago, fluffybunnyyyyy said:

For those who got an interview, what will the online MMI look like? Could someone share some details, i'm genuinely very curious! 

Interview is a 35-40 minute virtual asynchronous MMI. Similar to in-person interviews, you have a few minutes to read the question and then up to five minutes to give your answer. Your recordings are then saved for interviewers to review.