Premed 101 Forums

2020 Interview/Invite Thread

3 minutes ago, Dancegal said:

Ya... it really hurt and I'm still so emotional. I don't think I emphasized that I would stay there enough, I didn't want to make up anything as I really am unsure where the future will take me (even though I would love to move back to Halifax or move to New Brunswick even) but I tried to be genuine and honest in my experiences. But congratulations to everyone else who got an invite, its a beautiful city and wishing you the best of luck.

I mean I don't think it's entirely fair for them to have you emphasize that you would stay there the rest of your life, who knows what the future holds...the most they should be expecting is that you're honest and introspective

But then again who knows what they're looking for in the essays, there's people with connections like yours that get rejected and sometimes people that have never been to the Maritimes that get invited so knows what it is exactly that they want

OOP Reject: 1:04 PM EST

MCAT: everything above 125

GPA BSc: 3.9; GPA PhD: 3.9

Maritime Connection: fam has been in NS for 3 generations.

This is so disappointing... I really thought I had a shot considering one of my colleagues got accepted into Dal last cycle and he had ZERO maritime connection and similar stats.

1 minute ago, tryingtrying said:

What is going on this year! IP applicants getting rejected? OOP applications that grew up in the maritimes getting rejected?? Am I missing something here

I feel like the "significant increase in application" might have been more than we can imagine... I also can't believe these people with such deep ties can be rejected.

10 minutes ago, 09mmd15 said:

Big R :(

OOP

GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 515

Maritime connection: Very strong I thought. Spent my adolescence there and maintained some pretty strong community connections

Wow really wasnt expecting this tbh... don't know where I went wrong in my essay :/

Super confused why you wouldn't get one? Geez the OOP pool must have been insane this year.

21 minutes ago, EgginTryingTime said:

Yup same boat as some of the other IP 

Reject

IP(NS)

GPA: 3.7

MCAT: 515

No email about casper cutoffs not met

Did anyone confirm though that those emails sent about Casper cutoffs were for IP people too? From what I saw, only OOP people had posted that they got emails about not meeting Casper cutoffs. There was a Dal interview invite thread on here or red-dit last year where someone IP got rejected on the day interview invites came out due to Casper. 

1 minute ago, mastermucocele said:

Did anyone confirm though that those emails sent about Casper cutoffs were for IP people too? From what I saw, only OOP people had posted that they got emails about not meeting Casper cutoffs. There was a Dal interview invite thread on here or red-dit last year where someone IP got rejected on the day interview invites came out due to Casper. 

I feel as though it would still be specified in the email that the rejection was due to Casper.

IP Rejection (NB)

MCAT: 505

GPA: 3.7 (UNB And MPH at MUN)

Felt confident about CASPER, and did not receive the email about not meeting the requirement. Also received a rejection from MUN and think that CASPER may be the cause, although I have not heard from either school. Does anyone know the email address that we should contact?

Thanks for your help everyone, good luck and I'll see you again next year!