Premed 101 Forums

2021 Interviews

Hello applicants/ med students/ reapplicants! 

This app cycle has been one huge headache and although I am relieved it's over. The nagging voice at the back of my head keeps worrying. 

So just so I can breathe and forget about this for a moment, I was wondering if anyone knew when we should expect interview invites? (I have heard Jan/ Feb) and if it's 100% that interviews will be online no matter what happens, because come January, things could be different. Also in the chance you don't get an interview, if we don't hear anything by January should we take that as we didn't get it? Or will they at least send us a decline letter?

Thank you and good luck this cycle! 

Note: this is for ON applicant applying IP

On 10/30/2020 at 7:55 PM, sympatheticsystem said:

Hello applicants/ med students/ reapplicants! 

This app cycle has been one huge headache and although I am relieved it's over. The nagging voice at the back of my head keeps worrying. 

So just so I can breathe and forget about this for a moment, I was wondering if anyone knew when we should expect interview invites? (I have heard Jan/ Feb) and if it's 100% that interviews will be online no matter what happens, because come January, things could be different. Also in the chance you don't get an interview, if we don't hear anything by January should we take that as we didn't get it? Or will they at least send us a decline letter?

Thank you and good luck this cycle! 

Note: this is for ON applicant applying IP

Last year, Mac came out early Jan (around the 8th I think?), Ottawa was mid-late Jan (around the 19th-20th), Queen's came out early Feb (like the 1st or 2nd) and of course u of t has rolling invites and rejections so you could get one anytime from early Jan to late March. Rejections and invites come out on the same day (except u of t which is rolling for both). Not sure if it will be the same this year, but these dates have been quite similar over the years! Hope that helps

2019-2020 cycle dates. 

Mac: Jan 8th (Historically "Invitation to Interview - McMaster MD Program")

Ottawa: Jan 23rd (Historically "Status of application - Faculty of medicine - University of Ottawa")

Western: Jan 30th (Historically "Your Application to Schulich Medicine at Western University", at least for a rejection)

Queens: Feb 3rd (Historically "Queens School of Medicine Interview status 2020")