Premed 101 Forums

Rejected from Dalhousie

I got rejected from Dalhousie 2 days ago. OOP; GPA is 4/4 and MCAT is 514. I'm a newcomer (have only been here for 3 years now) so I have no Maritime connection at all, and my maritime essay was more focused on why I would love to live and study in the Maritime provinces. I can't stop thinking about whether they rejected me because of my CASPer or because of the connection. If it's the CASPer then I'm done because my CARS score is horrible and that would only makes me competitive in like 1 school.  I'm thinking about the US now but not sure if I can afford that, not sure what to do honestly...do you guys think Dalhousie rejects a potentially strong application because of the connection?

Based on what was published on this forum they still only rejected 1 in 5 applicants due to CASPer, and likely had 700-800 total OOP applicants. That still means that they went through and read between 560 and 640 connection essays and picked the best from them. The chances of your essay not being in the top 50-100 of those applicants is way more likely than you being between the 10th and 20th percentiles of CASPer takers.