Premed 101 Forums

Overall GPA is now updated under Document Tracking

3 hours ago, noku95 said:

I believe Ottawa will use this as well! Given that there is no weighted gpa this year

I think it'll depend on the applicant. If you are in 4th year then yes it would be the same GPA but if you already graduated then I believe Ottawa will take the GPA from the last 3 years (so first year would not count). Someone please correct me if this is wrong. 

1 hour ago, Alysse212 said:

I think it'll depend on the applicant. If you are in 4th year then yes it would be the same GPA but if you already graduated then I believe Ottawa will take the GPA from the last 3 years (so first year would not count). Someone please correct me if this is wrong. 

Right that's definitely correct

Hi 

One more question. I am not very familiar with OMSAS system. What does length and value mean ?

If it shows length of 28 and value of 110.05(it is credit weight mulitiplied by GPA) and GPA calculated is 3.93

I checked with Toronto and they confrimed that 28-30 credit is full course load. Omsas has given 0.5 to lab courses even if they are 1 or 2 credits.

19 hours ago, Alysse212 said:

17 hours ago, noku95 said:

Right that's definitely correct

Ottawa also goes to three decimal places so they won't be rounding it like OMSAS does