Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers contacted

Anyone else kinda weirded out by their verifier form? Not only are they asked to verify the activity but also describe characteristics that you have and rank you among all the med students they know. Seems more a reference's job...I feel bad for all my verifiers having to actually fill this whole thing out LOL

On 11/12/2020 at 12:56 PM, acrylicblue said:

Anyone else kinda weirded out by their verifier form? Not only are they asked to verify the activity but also describe characteristics that you have and rank you among all the med students they know. Seems more a reference's job...I feel bad for all my verifiers having to actually fill this whole thing out LOL

The way they have it structured would make it seem as though it is assessed competitively. Some of the things they ask for, like ranking med applicants, seems so arbitrary and subjective... I'm not even sure what to make of it

On 11/15/2020 at 2:49 PM, Stars2020 said:

If a verifier for a personal activity is a relative, would it be preferred if they omitted responding to statement question due to a conflict of interest? Thank you for your advice.

I don't think they would bother asking for a statement if it did not hold any value.  As long as they declare the conflict of interest, you should recommend they fill it out.