Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa U Francophone Stream GPA

19 minutes ago, TheHopefulMD said:

Hey guys sorry if this is a dumb question but if you meet the 3.7/4 GPA for their French stream, does that mean you automatically get an interview (if not, then what else would you need for an interview despite meeting their 3.7/4 GPA cutoff)?! I’m a bit confused about that and would appreciate any help :)

Someone else may be able to offer greater specifics on this (e.g. if they're used competitively or as a cutoff—maybe both, what stage in the process they're used), but in addition to your CGPA being 3.7 it would also depend on 1) Casper and 2) Your ABS.

Hope that helps!

Edited by IAlwaysRoundMyGPAUp
Word choice

To add to this- you have to meet the GPA cutoff just to be considered for an interview, but you definitely are not automatically given one. If you meet the cutoff all it means is that you'll get a full file review, and after this interview invites are given based on CASPer, ABS, and GPA (no one knows exactly how much each one is worth). GPA is used competitively. After the interview though- it's basically all based on interview score with GPA used as a tie-breaker (for example, for everyone who scored 3.5/4 on the interview, they'll give out offers to all of these people in order of GPA before they give offers to anyone with a 3.4/4 interview score)

7 minutes ago, Jambon2 said:

Est-ce que quelqu'un connait le cutoff pour la nouvelle cGPA à uOttawa pour les OOP dans le French stream ?

Pour les deux volets, en tant qu'un étudiant OOP, le cutoff pour la nouvelle cGPA est 3.87 (donc toujours le même). Je les avais envoyés un mail en posant la même question il fait un ou deux mois. 

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, foodie said:

Can someone tell me how many people apply to the French stream vs English? I could not find this on their site, thanks

I don’t think this info is available anywhere! That’s why you couldn’t find it. They only share how many total applications they had.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, admismed2022 said:

Hi hope you are all doing well with this upcoming application cycle ! 

Do I have any chance with a 3,72 cgpa in the opp french stream ? Or is it kind of impossible to get an interview ? 

Thank you and good luck !

If you're in the Ottawa/Outaouais area, you're good for a full file review. If you're outside of the Ottawa/Outaouais area, it's too low to get a full file review.

5 hours ago, admismed2022 said:

Hi hope you are all doing well with this upcoming application cycle ! 

Do I have any chance with a 3,72 cgpa in the opp french stream ? Or is it kind of impossible to get an interview ? 

Thank you and good luck !

If "opp" a typo of OOP, then are you a francophone from outside ontario/quebec? You may consider applying via the CNFS stream (here); I think I remember the cutoff being lower but I could be wrong.

• 4 months later...