Premed 101 Forums

IMG Failed NAC, advice on moving forward

See ya $$$. To be honest, I'm absolutely shocked that I failed, given that OSCEs were probably my best performing parts of all of med school. Sent a recheck, but that's probably another $250 down the drain. It really sucks, because the rest of my application is really stellar :/

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could lend me some insight as to how to move on from this setback. I'm thinking postponing my graduation by a year in order to hopefully get some clinical experience in Canada in the upcoming year (which you have to be a student to do). But with COVID still at large, I am not really sure at this point.

Thanks all

42 minutes ago, adamizer0 said:

See ya $$$. To be honest, I'm absolutely shocked that I failed, given that OSCEs were probably my best performing parts of all of med school. Sent a recheck, but that's probably another $250 down the drain. It really sucks, because the rest of my application is really stellar :/

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could lend me some insight as to how to move on from this setback. I'm thinking postponing my graduation by a year in order to hopefully get some clinical experience in Canada in the upcoming year (which you have to be a student to do). But with COVID still at large, I am not really sure at this point.

Thanks all

You'll have to retake of course, and do what you can. Are you at least backing up with the US match? Step 2 CS is deferred/not required for the time being - so i you have strong Step 1 an CK, that should cover you?