Premed 101 Forums

What year to apply?

So, i really want to apply to UofT, but i’m so confused by what they mean by “completion of 3 years of studies”

i’m in my second year now. Does that mean if i get all the prereq courses by the end of this year, i can do DAT and send my application the upcoming summer/fall? And if i get accepted i will drop my 4th year and start in dental school instead?

thank you!!!! :)

8 hours ago, bubblebear123 said:

That's correct I believe! Most people don't get in with just 3 years of studies though unless you're really competitive! You can check their website for admission stats!

Thank you! I did! I also checked the posts here.. seems like a good GPA is around 3.93 and above for dentistry. But they also got accepted on 4th year. I have a 3.92 OMSAS for my first year idk if it’s high enough :(( i’m increasing it a bit this year too!

2 hours ago, Smileplease said:

Thank you! I did! I also checked the posts here.. seems like a good GPA is around 3.93 and above for dentistry. But they also got accepted on 4th year. I have a 3.92 OMSAS for my first year idk if it’s high enough :(( i’m increasing it a bit this year too!

I feel like as of GPA, you're on the right track for sure! Nail that DAT and maybe start practicing some interviews skills you'll be great!! 

9 minutes ago, bubblebear123 said:

I feel like as of GPA, you're on the right track for sure! Nail that DAT and maybe start practicing some interviews skills you'll be great!! 

you literally gave me the energy i need for the rest of this year... :)))) i really hope your support comes back to you in some way. Thank you!!!