Premed 101 Forums

Looking for some advice for extracurriculars...

11 minutes ago, Stethescope said:

Have you completed all your pre reqs? With a 4.24 and 27 AA/21 PAT and your ECs, I would hesitate to think it's anything related to your AQ or NAQ. 

I thought I had them according to the pre-reqs which were listed on the UBC site. I attend a different institution, but I discussed the equivalencies with an advisor. Should I try messaging UBC Dent Admissions?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Hi, 

I would email but I don't know if they will reply as they are super busy right now. Are you IP? I also did not get an interview (IP), I also want to know where I can improve on.

UBC (home school and province).

I am also planning on taking the DAT this year in Nov. I was wondering do I have a chance at other schools in Canada or the US with my stats.

DAT: To be taken

GPA: Worst year dropped = 86.7%

Degree: Biology degree completed from UBC

EC: I thought my pre-reqs were pretty good, including things like plumbing work, shadowing dentists (120 hours), volunteering for almost 1500+ hours, multiple executive club positions at school, soccer outside of school, working at nike, admin work at UBC and at a soccer club outside of school, and cultural dance. I also thought my reference letters were pretty solid as well.

2 minutes ago, DMDHope2020 said:

Hi, 

I would email but I don't know if they will reply as they are super busy right now. Are you IP? I also did not get an interview (IP), I also want to know where I can improve on.

UBC (home school and province).

I am also planning on taking the DAT this year in Nov. I was wondering do I have a chance at other schools in Canada or the US with my stats.

DAT: To be taken

GPA: Worst year dropped = 86.7%

Degree: Biology degree completed from UBC

EC: I thought my pre-reqs were pretty good, including things like plumbing work, shadowing dentists (120 hours), volunteering for almost 1500+ hours, multiple executive club positions at school, soccer outside of school, working at nike, admin work at UBC and at a soccer club outside of school, and cultural dance. I also thought my reference letters were pretty solid as well.

Yes, I am IP as well. May I ask what sort of volunteer work that you did and the time span? 

1 hour ago, Majin Boo said:

I thought I had them according to the pre-reqs which were listed on the UBC site. I attend a different institution, but I discussed the equivalencies with an advisor. Should I try messaging UBC Dent Admissions?

Thank you very much for your reply.

To be fair, we should wait until their decision is made and go from there.