Premed 101 Forums

UBC Pharmacy Applications 2020/21 - Class of 2025

sleepy_24

Seeing as there was no other thread for UBC's Entry-to-Practice PharmD application cycle this year (Class of 2025), I decided to make one looking at other threads from previous years that I found were really helpful. 

If anyone has any comments or questions, please post below!

Good luck everyone with your applications! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 2:25 PM, pharm2k25 said:

Just a little curious, what are everyones combined average? for last 30 credits + 1st year average

Mine

First year: 88%

last 30: 89%

Would this be enough to land an interview?

Yes, you will 100% receive an interview. But for acceptance into the program, only your interview scores is used after the interview stage. Good luck and stay safe.

Does anyone know the correct process for sending official transcripts in this year. I uploaded an official transcript on the Student Centre where it said upload here. Now I am under the impression that this is incorrect. Does anyone know an email that I can provide to my institution to have them send the transcript electronically directly to UBC? Thanks

On 1/5/2021 at 8:31 PM, bridgetbethell1 said:

Does anyone know the correct process for sending official transcripts in this year. I uploaded an official transcript on the Student Centre where it said upload here. Now I am under the impression that this is incorrect. Does anyone know an email that I can provide to my institution to have them send the transcript electronically directly to UBC? Thanks

I’m just going to make an assumption here but I believe that the transcript upload option on the ssc last term was an error as it should have been intended for other programs that required a high school transcript upload or something of the sort. Again, I’m making an assumption but ultimately you do need to resend an official transcript by post. 

An official transcript from any institution is a sealed, physical copy of your records - now, with the COVID situation, UBC is accepting transcripts electronically but they have to be sent through your school. The student service centre of your institution should have an option to request an official transcript online (typically accompanied with a fee) - when you find that portal, you are required to enter the institution (at which point you should select UBC Vancouver) with an address as follows: Undergraduate Admissions 2016 - 1874 East Mall Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1. 

Another possible alternative to the online process is to call your institution’s student records and request an official transcript that way - I can’t give any information in this regard as I haven’t experienced this.

With all that is said and done I wish you luck with your application. I hope I’ve helped somewhat haha :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...