Premed 101 Forums

7 hours ago, DMDHope2020 said:

after interviews do they only look at the interview or the GPA as well

It definitely was both interview and final GPA, because I emailed them asking when final transcripts were due and there was a deadline of May 15th. So, although the interview was very important, they also looked at the final transcripts to make a final decision.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congrats to all who received an interview invite! As for preparation, I did a lot of practice answering practice mmi questions in front of a mirror under a time limit and really making sure my answers

I love answering this question because I want to give people "hope".  Core = Between 66-69  Last 30 credits = Between 86-89  First term is okay, second term right now is brutal. 

Good luck on interviews everyone!!

5 minutes ago, idontknowwhattoput said:

It definitely was both interview and final GPA, because I emailed them asking when final transcripts were due and there was a deadline of May 15th. So, although the interview was very important, they also looked at the final transcripts to make a final decision.

"The final admission decision is based solely on the qualitative criteria and admission averages are not carried over to the final ranking. Final Transcripts are checked again before final offers are made to the program to confirm that all prerequisites are satisfied."

This is what is stated on the PharmD website, so I guess they are looking final transcripts just to make sure you indeed completed all the pre-reqs.

29 minutes ago, JBEEM said:

"The final admission decision is based solely on the qualitative criteria and admission averages are not carried over to the final ranking. Final Transcripts are checked again before final offers are made to the program to confirm that all prerequisites are satisfied."

This is what is stated on the PharmD website, so I guess they are looking final transcripts just to make sure you indeed completed all the pre-reqs.

Ah, okay yeah! Then likely not for the GPA but still to ensure that pre-reqs are done. Because even the first "offer of admission" email stated that the second confirmation email would be sent after they confirmed that final transcripts were sent in/all pre-reqs were completed.

3 hours ago, icedtealover said:

Is there anyone who still hasn't gotten their admission letter email? All my friends have gotten theirs except for me :(

Y'all...just relax. The email says over the next FEW business days, it didn't say it was going to be updated today or tomorrow or whenever. I haven't got anything updated in SSC either if that calms your worries :). If you got the email saying you got in...then you got in. There is literally nothing you can do until you get your letter. Just relax and celebrate the good news and check back in a couple of days. You all got this! 

"Over the next few business days, the Undergraduate Admissions Office will process your offer of admission and email you with a formal admission letter from the University of British Columbia.  Once you receive your letter, you will be able to accept or decline your offer through the online Student Service Centre (SSC)."

I have gotten my acceptance to UBC PharmD June 1. I have been waiting for my ssc to be updated to accept/decline offer along with receiving a Letter of Admission. I want to accept my offer at the earliest but my ssc has not been updated yet.

I thought they mentioned few days so was expecting my ssc to update at least today but it hasn't. 

I am wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Is someone else still waiting for their ssc to change (to accept/decline offer)? I am so tensed :(( 

2 minutes ago, _dnahelix said:

I have gotten my acceptance to UBC PharmD June 1. I have been waiting for my ssc to be updated to accept/decline offer along with receiving a Letter of Admission. I want to accept my offer at the earliest but my ssc has not been updated yet.

I thought they mentioned few days so was expecting my ssc to update at least today but it hasn't. 

I am wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Is someone else still waiting for their ssc to change (to accept/decline offer)? I am so tensed :(( 

Mine still hasn't updated either!

Hey guys. First and foremost congrats to everyone who got in! Just wanted to post because I see a lot of people understandably being worried about certain issues as it is stressful waiting for results. Those who haven't heard back, don't lose hope  the admissions result are released  in waves.  I know waiting can be nerve wracking but unless you are told otherwise youre not out yet. I see a lot of people who are stressing over issues with the SSC and other minor things. If you are worried the best place is to contact the Undergraduate admissions office. They are really helpful, and while everyone here wants to help each other, they know a lot more than a bunch of internet strangers who are all in the same boat. Personally I was having issues accepting my offer so I called them and they told me it was just a technical issue on their end and fixed it right away. I know everything seems stressful as everyone has worked hard and just wants to know but these thing take time. Just a little patience and everything will sort itself out. I wish everyone the best! Everything will sort itself out in time so in the meantime have a wonderful summer everyone.

On 6/12/2021 at 3:17 AM, JBEEM said:

Who else is still waiting to hear back?

Hey man. The deadline for the 1st wave of acceptances is June 15, so I would hold off till a little bit after that before you start to worry. They gotta see who accepted and who didn’t from the first wave before they can see how many spots are left for the next wave. 

Second wave went out today, I got my offer around 10 and paid later in the evening. Core and last 30 were both around 84%. Living in an underrepresented community got me an automatic interview invite (need minimum 70%). Incase I didn’t make it this year I was planning on registering for more GPA booster classes :) 

18 hours ago, pharmlife10 said:

Hi! If anyone feels comfortable to do so, for those accepted for you mind sharing your average gpa for both core + last 30? Wasn’t competitive enough this year, but hoping for next year! Also, do you think a 76%+ is competitive for an interview?

What was your core and last 30 credits? 

On 6/16/2021 at 6:44 PM, pharmlife10 said:

Hi! If anyone feels comfortable to do so, for those accepted for you mind sharing your average gpa for both core + last 30? Wasn’t competitive enough this year, but hoping for next year! Also, do you think a 76%+ is competitive for an interview?

Core: 68.2%
Last 30: 83.6%

My marks are pretty trash, but was enough to land an interview and offer with the first waves. Good luck next year!

4 hours ago, TrashGPA said:

Core: 68.2%
Last 30: 83.6%

My marks are pretty trash, but was enough to land an interview and offer with the first waves. Good luck next year!

Oh wow you must be the cut off then. From what I have gathered anyone <76% combined gpa (and you were right at 75.9 which I will assume is 76) doesnt get an interview! Congrats on scrapping by!! 

Hey guys, i applied but was told i did not meet the competitive standard My combined GPA was around 71% mainly because i did poorly in my first year prereqs. I really do want to be a part of the PharmD program at UBC so I have been trying to find a way to better my GPA so I could get an interview, I'm looking to see if i can retake some 1st year prereq classes to better my GPA, was wondering if I could get any advice or tips from some of you it would be very appreciated  my last 30 credits I believe is around 76%  and my 1 year is like 65% probably (SFU student so i had to figure these out myself but think thats what they are) (was told im qualified which means I meet the minimum requirements)

My friend applied this year and got in 

His last 30 credits were 71%, 

first year avg was 79.5%

Combined: 75.25% he went to a school that gives letter grades so this is what he think it converted to based on ubc's conversion charts.