Premed 101 Forums

Note on Minerva for QC Residency: GL ?

yellowsharpie

1 minute ago, veromedico said:

yea mine says "ready for review" but last year, at this time, it also had sth at the bottom saying " quebec residency verified"

I would not worry about it. Last year, mine got verified on Dec 3rd but the 'quebec residency verified' showed up a few days after. Mine is still not verified this year by the way, and I know I meet the criteria. 

3 hours ago, Hikki97 said:

My QC residency hasn't been verified yet :( worried that this might be a sign that I did bad on Ca$per... never received verification last year, and was rejected at the pre-screening stage. 

I don't think your performance on Casper has anything to do with whether your QC residency is verified or not. QC residency has to do with what applicant pool you'll be placed in.

It depends on many things, your supporting documents, the situation that you are claiming for, who is the officer in charge of your file, whether your file is reviewed yet, etc. Even in my case, which is supposedly the hardest and most undesirable one in the 14 cases still managed to get through. I'll give it some time. You can always email admissions to ask if they can provide more information on your file. Fingers crossed you'll get it verified soon!

7 hours ago, hola1997 said:

I don't think your performance on Casper has anything to do with whether your QC residency is verified or not. QC residency has to do with what applicant pool you'll be placed in.

It depends on many things, your supporting documents, the situation that you are claiming for, who is the officer in charge of your file, whether your file is reviewed yet, etc. Even in my case, which is supposedly the hardest and most undesirable one in the 14 cases still managed to get through. I'll give it some time. You can always email admissions to ask if they can provide more information on your file. Fingers crossed you'll get it verified soon!

Thank you very much! Last year I was never verified but marked as IP in the rejection email. I’m probably just overthinking from last cycle, and making connections that aren’t there. I’ll wait and email admissions before the holidays. Wish you best of luck in January :)

2 hours ago, Hikki97 said:

Thank you very much! Last year I was never verified but marked as IP in the rejection email. I’m probably just overthinking from last cycle, and making connections that aren’t there. I’ll wait and email admissions before the holidays. Wish you best of luck in January :)

Yeah, if you were marked as IP in the rejection email, you were probably verified as a QC resident. Sometimes, Minerva is kinda wonky so i woulnd't be too surprise it didn't show up. If it makes you feel better, you can always send an email to admissions to inquire. The worst outcome is that they say the timeline is variable and that they haven't worked on your file yet, etc. I think it's good to ask them if there's a day that they would recommend you follow up with them if the QC residency doesn't still get approved. Best of luck for you too in January! 

20 hours ago, Hikki97 said:

My QC residency hasn't been verified yet :( worried that this might be a sign that I did bad on Ca$per... never received verification last year, and was rejected at the pre-screening stage. 

Same happened to me last year. IP, never verified on Minerva and it showed I was in the IP pool on the regrets feedback i got.