Premed 101 Forums

date for interview results release?

On 11/21/2021 at 4:33 PM, mayerzttey said:

can you link me this? also didn't they switch up the dates pretty last minute last year? 

https://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/admissions/when-you-apply/application-timelines/

Go to 2021-2022 on this link ^
Can't remember if they switched up dates last year or anything.

On 11/21/2021 at 8:50 PM, Rosiglitazone said:

My guess is that decisions will be coming out in the 2nd week of December, with an update from admissions in the 1st week of December.  Last year decisions rolled in around December 18th, and the application deadline was October 1st. This year the application deadline was mid-September, which makes me think that 2nd week of December is the most realistic guess

Yeah I agree with this. When I said first week of December, I meant that to be first full week of December (so the week that has Monday as Dec 6th). I doubt they would make us wait until the week after (the week that has Monday as Dec 13th) if the deadline to book an interview is mid-Dec (so assuming Dec. 15th?)...but they totally could

In any case it should be coming up pretty soon here, time flies. Stay sane everyone!

4 hours ago, Excel-erate Your Breath said:

Yeah I agree with this. When I said first week of December, I meant that to be first full week of December (so the week that has Monday as Dec 6th). I doubt they would make us wait until the week after (the week that has Monday as Dec 13th) if the deadline to book an interview is mid-Dec (so assuming Dec. 15th?)...but they totally could

In any case it should be coming up pretty soon here, time flies. Stay sane everyone!

Ah thanks!

I agree, I also think they will release IIs on the week of December 6th.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:28 AM, Excel-erate Your Breath said:

damn... they really making us wait until the week of Dec 13th lol

"Unfortunately, we cannot specify the exact day(s) on which the notifications will be sent".

Can someone please explain the reason behind this stupidity? Obviously at this point all results have been finalized. What harm would it cause to tell us the exact date now? It happens every year and this level of bs is beyond my comprehension. 

1 hour ago, MadSchool said:

"Unfortunately, we cannot specify the exact day(s) on which the notifications will be sent".

Can someone please explain the reason behind this stupidity? Obviously at this point all results have been finalized. What harm would it cause to tell us the exact date now? It happens every year and this level of bs is beyond my comprehension. 

They might be making last minute tweaks, people are stilling having verifiers being contacted this week (and they have until Dec 6th to respond)

2 hours ago, MadSchool said:

They almost certainly have a date in mind, but lots of things can lead to delays. UBC frequently suffers a day or two of closures in December because of icy roads, and this year the province is in a state of emergency with widespread flooding. A smart administrator knows it’s better to be vague than to deal with hundreds of panicking applicants emailing them about a slight delay that occurs because the power goes out or a server goes down or the person who sends the emails is sick or whatever. 

Will be interesting to see if the system encounters errors like it did last year. In 2018 and 2019, rejections were sent on the Monday, early invites Tuesday, regular invites Wednesday iirc - but for 2020 they did early invites and regular invites at the same time and left rejections for the very end, so you were basically holding out hope the whole day and seeing invites roll out before getting your rejection. Everyone who was rejected was also placed into 75-100th percentile for NAQ for about a day before they resolved the issue - my application score also changed after the rejections were sent (interestingly my NAQ was placed in the 50-75th and my application score was revised higher but still not past the cutoff lol).

Definitely kinder for the rejections to come out at the beginning so people can get on with the rest of their week. Last year the R's rolled out at the end of the day on Friday.

16 hours ago, nt2324 said:

Will be interesting to see if the system encounters errors like it did last year. In 2018 and 2019, rejections were sent on the Monday, early invites Tuesday, regular invites Wednesday iirc - but for 2020 they did early invites and regular invites at the same time and left rejections for the very end, so you were basically holding out hope the whole day and seeing invites roll out before getting your rejection. Everyone who was rejected was also placed into 75-100th percentile for NAQ for about a day before they resolved the issue - my application score also changed after the rejections were sent (interestingly my NAQ was placed in the 50-75th and my application score was revised higher but still not past the cutoff lol).

Definitely kinder for the rejections to come out at the beginning so people can get on with the rest of their week. Last year the R's rolled out at the end of the day on Friday.

I believe that last year Early Invites came out Thursday afternoon/evening (maybe some Friday morning) while regular invites came Friday morning to afternoon, and rejections Friday afternoon to evening.

So amore compressed timing than previous years with invites sent first. But early applicants still generally heard first (someone correct me if I’m wrong)