Premed 101 Forums

Transcript for Western still not received. Should I be worried?

I requested my transcripts to be sent to Western's Dental Program through their OUAC site. I requested transcripts from the two schools that I have attended, but only one of the transcripts has been marked as received, the other is still in its "requested" status. Should I be concerned considering that Western's transcript deadline is Dec 7th and I don't think my school's registrar's office works during the weekend. 

Nope, it hasn't changed, it still says "requested". I emailed the admission committee about this a few days ago, but I haven't heard back. I'm worried if my application still meets their deadline if they haven't received my transcript . But I've done all that they've asked since Ontario School applicants were only able to submit their transcripts through OUAC and I requested mines before the Dec 1st deadline. But if you happen to know anything more about this and what we can do, please let me know!

5 hours ago, shiron said:

Nope, it hasn't changed, it still says "requested". I emailed the admission committee about this a few days ago, but I haven't heard back. I'm worried if my application still meets their deadline if they haven't received my transcript . But I've done all that they've asked since Ontario School applicants were only able to submit their transcripts through OUAC and I requested mines before the Dec 1st deadline. But if you happen to know anything more about this and what we can do, please let me know!

Yeah I emailed them as well, I'll let you know when I hear back.

We should hopefully be fine since all we could do is submit the OUAC app before the deadline which we did.

1 hour ago, Fendi87464 said:

We should hopefully be fine since all we could do is submit the OUAC app before the deadline which we did.

Thanks, I'll let you know if they email me back as well

Out of curiosity, what school did you order your transcript from? Is it McMaster as well?

20 hours ago, Fendi87464 said:

Got an email back from them! There was an issue with the system that caused a delay in processing the transcripts. But they're currently fixing it and so OUAC should be able to give them our transcripts by next week. They said that it wouldn't affect our application. So we're good!

6 hours ago, shiron said:

Got an email back from them! There was an issue with the system that caused a delay in processing the transcripts. But they're currently fixing it and so OUAC should be able to give them our transcripts by next week. They said that it wouldn't affect our application. So we're good!

Yep, got the same email - that's a relief!

Best of luck with your applications :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 7:30 PM, shiron said:

Bruh mine still isn't updated, they said it should be within the next week and its been 2 weeks. Admissions had said I don't need to do anything else though and they would contact me if anything... has yours been updated? And yes I went to McMaster. 

Hey! Just saw your message, sorry for the late reply. Has your transcript still not been updated?

It updated on my Western OUAC account and is now marked as received. But on my Western student centre account, it still says that it is 'missing information' and that my transcript is still pending. Is this happening for you as well or is your status not updated in both your OUAC account and student centre account?

I just emailed them this morning to let them know about this situation but I got an automated reply back saying that she's out of office and that she won't be back until after the winter break. We should probably be fine since they are aware it's a system issue that was out of our control. So I'm just gonna trust that we're not gonna get penalized for this. I'll just have to wait for their email back to get this entire issue resolved. 

Lol I thought it was all over once we submitted our app, didn't think that there would be so much issues involved!

On 12/30/2020 at 4:32 PM, shiron said:

Hey! Just saw your message, sorry for the late reply. Has your transcript still not been updated?

It updated on my Western OUAC account and is now marked as received. But on my Western student centre account, it still says that it is 'missing information' and that my transcript is still pending. Is this happening for you as well or is your status not updated in both your OUAC account and student centre account?

I just emailed them this morning to let them know about this situation but I got an automated reply back saying that she's out of office and that she won't be back until after the winter break. We should probably be fine since they are aware it's a system issue that was out of our control. So I'm just gonna trust that we're not gonna get penalized for this. I'll just have to wait for their email back to get this entire issue resolved. 

Lol I thought it was all over once we submitted our app, didn't think that there would be so much issues involved!

I'm not sure where to access my Western app on OUAC but in the student centre it still says pending. Hopefully it should be resolved once everyone is back from break but its been a month at this point.. I just want closure haha

16 hours ago, Fendi87464 said:

I'm not sure where to access my Western app on OUAC but in the student centre it still says pending. Hopefully it should be resolved once everyone is back from break but its been a month at this point.. I just want closure haha

This is the link to access Western's OUAC site (https://www.ouac.on.ca/apply/westerndent/en_CA/user/login). There is a page that allows you to review the information you submitted. Under the transcript request section, it tells you the status of your transcript. Last week, the status for my McMaster transcript got changed to 'received' so it was a relief to know that Western University has officially received my transcript through OUAC even though this hasn't been reflected in the student centre account. Check it out and hopefully it says 'received' on your end too! 

On 1/1/2021 at 2:17 PM, shiron said:

This is the link to access Western's OUAC site (https://www.ouac.on.ca/apply/westerndent/en_CA/user/login). There is a page that allows you to review the information you submitted. Under the transcript request section, it tells you the status of your transcript. Last week, the status for my McMaster transcript got changed to 'received' so it was a relief to know that Western University has officially received my transcript through OUAC even though this hasn't been reflected in the student centre account. Check it out and hopefully it says 'received' on your end too! 

I see McMaster listed twice there and for one it says "Inactive", and for the other it says "Received".. thats good I guess, thanks for the link! 

On 1/2/2021 at 5:10 PM, Fendi87464 said:

I see McMaster listed twice there and for one it says "Inactive", and for the other it says "Received".. thats good I guess, thanks for the link! 

That's what it says on my account as well. Yeah, it's a relief to know that it's been 'received' at the very least. I actually got an email back from UWO today about the issue with the transcript status not being updated on our student centre account. It said that they are still working on the OUAC issue and that it should be resolved by the end of the week. She said that there is nothing to worry about and that we will not be penalized it anyway. So we should be fine!