Premed 101 Forums

Activities/ Employment OUAC Question

This is my first time applying for the PA program and I had some questions for anyones whose going through the process or been through it before. I noticed for the Activities/ Employment section that its sort of like the OMSAS but not really. I was wondering if there is a number limit to how many activities to include? Or any descriptive box available to detail things or is it really just the title of the activity for everything that's been done as a list? Also for the "Employer if applicable" Section is this the company you would have worked or volunteered at, or the person as a reference? 

Last question, when listing your preference on which program you would prefer is this going to be reflected in your chance or standing at the school if one is lower then the other? Im just confused with this process lol so hoping someone can help me out!

• 4 weeks later...

The OUAC105 application is set up the same for many programs - I believe that neither the UofT or Mac program look at the Activities/Employment section (what I've heard from other PA students/PA applicants who have emailed admissions). Other programs which can be applied to through OUAC105 may use that section. 

Also, the choice number should not affect your application for each program (https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/how-i-number-my-choices/)

This all being said, I DID fill out that section with any pertinent research/employment/ECs just on the off chance they take a peek!

Hope this helps!

On 1/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, rli2 said:

The OUAC105 application is set up the same for many programs - I believe that neither the UofT or Mac program look at the Activities/Employment section (what I've heard from other PA students/PA applicants who have emailed admissions). Other programs which can be applied to through OUAC105 may use that section. 

Also, the choice number should not affect your application for each program (https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/how-i-number-my-choices/)

This all being said, I DID fill out that section with any pertinent research/employment/ECs just on the off chance they take a peek!

Hope this helps!

Current Mac PA student here. I am quite certain the admissions committee does not read that stuff on OUAC. You can fill in some details if you want? But it should not have any bearing on your application. For McMaster, as long as you submit the OUAC application and have a minimum OMSAS cumulative GPA of 3.0 then you will be sent a link to the supplementary application. Then, after completing the supplementary application it will be used in combination with GPA to select interview invitees (usually 72 invites for 24 spots in the program).