Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2020/21

Just now, SmallTownGal said:

Received an invite at 12:23 Eastern time. 

MCAT: 507, high GPA

OOP with strong rural connection

Hospital volunteering, varsity athlete, research-based master's with publication and conference presentations, 10 years of varied work experience

Congrats! Were you regular or early deadline?

I'll post stats later but I just got an interview invite! OOP applicant but I applied to the MD/PhD program, not sure if I got the joint interview as the MD/PhD application status isn't updated (so I am not sure if my application was considered in province or not).

Good luck to everyone else!

1 minute ago, WizardPalace said:

I feel like if you haven’t gotten an invite yet, then it’s an R. Because they have to send out the invites at the same time dont they? To give everyone an equal shot at booking their spot?

It's really strange that there have been no IP regular invites yet though, normally there are a ton on this forum. Makes me think they haven't gone out yet for IP.

IP: Got invite too!

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): 10:17AM PDT
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite ^^ 
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): 88% 
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 131/132/130/132 (525)
Geography (i.e. IP or OOP): IP
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): Long-term research (no pubs), many leadership positions in community and school, employment in health care, a few community service related awards.

IP just got invite! 10:17am PST

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): 10:17AM PST
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite - Regular deadline
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): ~86% with course-based masters
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 516
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies):  3 years research experience (no pubs), continual part-time employment and ran family development business while in school. Decent amount of non-school community volunteering. For reference, my NAQ range last year was 25-50%

Edited by kronos
posted stats

Received an invite at 9:52 PST. 

MCAT: 519

AGPA: ~90

NAQ: A lot of different clinical volunteering and suicide prevention ranging from 100-300 hours. Varsity athlete and current MSc student. Reasonable amount of lab work with 4 pubs with 3 first author, random presentations. Worked part time jobs through most of my early undergraduate. Not high achievement and pretty much all of my diversity was random shit like hobbies or life experience

IP with regular deadline (submitted like 2 minutes before the deadline)

Also recieved MD/PhD interview invite at 10:33

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): 10:17AM PDT
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): INVITE!!! Regular deadline applicant
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): somewhere between 88-90% it doesn't show anything on the app system
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 132 / 129 / 129 / 129: 519 total
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): Lots of research experience (multiple volunteer positions and a paid summer grant) and 1 publication (2nd author), worked in the hospital for 1.5 years doing admin stuff, mostly customer service type work experience, some teaching assistant positions with UBC, some volunteering with a family resource center, being a mother, hiking, rock climbing, back country camping 
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): NA
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff): NA

First cycle applicant

AHHHHH!!! I'm still in shock!! Good luck to everyone!!

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): 10:17 am Dec 18
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): invite
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): Honestly I'm not sure how UBC calculated it this year, but estimating, taking out my worst year, it'll be around 90%
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 130/126/130/129, total 515

ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): no rural, some awards from UBC, hospital and other community volunteers, minimal employment, some hobbies 
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): don't know.. 
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff): made it :)