Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2020/21

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): 10:17 am Dec 18
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): invite
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): Around 80-81, I finally qualified for adjusted gpa this year.. agpa in previous years was around 79
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 511, Cars 124

Geography (i.e. IP or OOP): IP
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): Teacher, lots of hobbies and day to day life stuff (taking care of sick grandparents) and typical pre-med volunteering- hospital, non-profit, soup kitceh
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): last year i was in the 75th-100th percentile, and high 30s the year before 
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff): Just made the cut off in 2018, no interview in 2019- I was about 2-3 points below when I did the element inspection so I am assuming I'm just around the cut off this year. 

I am a non-trad applicant. I was waitlisted in the 2018-2019 cycle and received no interview last year (2019-2020). I was in tears upon receiving the offer today and hope things go well. 

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): 18-Dec-2020, 10:41am PST
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite!
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): AGPA 88.6
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 517 128/128/130/131
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): One 3rd author pub in medical field, multiple NSERC USRA in basic science, honours thesis, multiple low level research presentations, a lot of work experience (since age 15) including a lot of research tech work, hospital internship, science design team, a large scholarship for school, lots of little hobbies such including fitness and crafting, applied to rural program
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): Last year 50-75th percentile, not much changed this year except a few more volunteer hours in same longstanding position and a year of full time research tech work
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff)
N/A

Edit to say I interviewed at UBC and another school last year. Did not get accepted after interviews. 

Second edit to say my last name first letter is within  5-10th letter of alphabet.

35 minutes ago, kronos said:

IP just got invite! 10:17am PST

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): 10:17AM PST
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite - Regular deadline
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): ~86% with course-based masters
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 516
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies):  3 years research experience (no pubs), continual part-time employment and ran family development business while in school. Decent amount of non-school community volunteering. For reference, my NAQ range last year was 25-50%

Do you mind sharing what kind of course based masters you did?