Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2020/21

30 minutes ago, BKin.d said:

Please be another wave... I don't think I can take another application cycle and my MCAT will expire soon.

16 minutes ago, PeanutButter1 said:

Same here friend. This is the end of the road for me, my mcat expires June 2021. 

Are you referring to the 2015 mcat expiring? Also @everyone does the new MCAT have an expiry date at ubc? I tried to look for this info on the site, but it seems like ubc only mentions the 2015 one expiring

Just now, highonhope said:

Are you referring to the 2015 mcat expiring? Also @everyone does the new MCAT have an expiry date at ubc? I tried to look for this info on the site, but it seems like ubc only mentions the 2015 one expiring

Yeah, MCAT is only valid for 5 years after you write it. I have one more cycle left after this before I would have to rewrite.

32 minutes ago, kronos said:

UBC Masters of Data Science. Nothing to do with medicine haha

Highly recommend it if you're finished school and looking to do something that will get you a well-paying job though! Only 10 months long

hey i was thinking about doing this. 

i am doing some pre-reqs on the ubc extended learning website. did you find that it impacted your GPA? thats what im nervous about with those computer classes. 

Just now, newmy88 said:

Do we think this is because there’s more interviews to go out, or because people with interviews haven’t booked it yet?

I think it’s too hard to say. But I do think we would have heard by now if there was more invite waves after 10:42 am. I’m guessing if you haven’t heard by now it’s a rejection. I’m just hoping they tell us today and don’t wait til next week to do that. 

1 minute ago, BonJovi said:

Could you let us know how many interview slots are still open? How many are taken so far? Hopefully these two numbers add up to 700 (610 IP interview candidates + 90 OOP interview candidates)

Looks like there's ~500 interview spots still available. Not sure if it's updating real-time though