Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2020/21

1 minute ago, patfussy said:

a lot of pessimists here lol. I think most of the people we have heard that got an invite had early alphabet last names. not one has said something like S or Z so just relax, UBC people have to eat lunch too.

Sorry I’m early in the alphabet ☺️ Hence my pessimism. But absolutely there probably is a chance for those later in the alphabet! 

1 minute ago, JustSayian26 said:

I dont know about this. But what would explain the interview tab on last years application cycle? The weird thing is that the interview tab says that its for 2020-21 cycle.

Hmm. Ok good to know. But, unless there’s tons of good stats who got interviews last year who haven’t heard back yet, I’m just going to stay a pessimist lolol

2 minutes ago, JustSayian26 said:

I dont know about this. But what would explain the interview tab on last years application cycle? The weird thing is that the interview tab says that its for 2020-21 cycle.

I'm MS1 and I also have an interview tab for 2020-2021 cycle.

Good luck everyone!!! You all deserve to be in medicine and i'm sure you'll get there, don't give up hope!!!

Just now, WizardPalace said:

Hmm. Ok good to know. But, unless there’s tons of good stats who got interviews last year who haven’t heard back yet, I’m just going to stay a pessimist lolol

Im IP and have a aGPA of ~93, MCAT of 520, and okay but not great non academic history. I've gotten multiple interviews... I am very hopeful that ones coming this year.

1 hour ago, hello224 said:

I'll post stats later but I just got an interview invite! OOP applicant but I applied to the MD/PhD program, not sure if I got the joint interview as the MD/PhD application status isn't updated (so I am not sure if my application was considered in province or not).

Good luck to everyone else!

Curious, have you heard back re: MD/PhD as an OOP applicant?

15 minutes ago, alamce said:

is it for sure going by alphabet?

Not for sure, but I think so.

Here is the tiny amount of data we have so far...

@Muffincups - 10:17am - A

@glglglgl - 10:17am - C

@glglglgl's friend - ? - C

@futuredocoverhere - 10:17am - C

someone I asked on r**dit - 10:41am - E

@Ss123toy - 10:42am - 1st quarter of alphabet

4 minutes ago, Coviduh19 said:

As a first time applicant, this process is truly nerve wracking. I think it safe to assume that I’m getting the R. Congrats to all invited this year. All the best on your upcoming interviews :) :) 

I'm in the same boat! Not unexpected given its our first UBC-style rodeo from what I understand