Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2020/21

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just gonna leave this here...have fun inputting every data point into Excel, UBC

Posted Images

Wanted to update with my stats...

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time):  Dec 18 9:52 AM (PST)
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): MD/PhD invite  (Regular Deadline)
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): ~3.87/89%
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 512 (126/129/129/128)
Geography (i.e. IP or OOP): OOP (MD/PhD applicant)
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): Research heavy, 9 peer-reviewed publications (3 first author), multiple conferences and several research based scholarships/awards. Multiple executive volunteering positions for over 4+ years, varsity athletics and multiple part time jobs through undergrad (I also filled up the rest of my slots listing hobbies).

Congratulations to everyone who is getting good news and for everyone else please try to keep your head up! This is such a tough process and we are all in it together!

1 minute ago, hello224 said:

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time):  Dec 18 9:52 PM (PST)
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 512 (126/129/129/128)
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): Research heavy, 9 peer-reviewed publications (3 first author), multiple conferences and several research based scholarships/awards. Multiple executive volunteering positions for over 4+ years, varsity athletics and multiple part time jobs through undergrad (I also filled up the rest of my slots listing hobbies).

Congratulations to everyone who is getting good news and for everyone else please try to keep your head up! This is such a tough process and we are all in it together!

I think you mixed up the date/time! 

Regrets. No email just on OAS. Last name L. Don't get it...

GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): 82%
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 518 (129/127/131/131)
Geography (i.e. IP or OOP): IP
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): 

75-100th percentile. 

9 minutes ago, hello224 said:

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time):  Dec 18 9:52 AM (PST)

Congratulations! I'm curious when you heard back about MD/Phd - was it a little after your MD interview invite? I applied for MD/PhD but haven't heard about the status of that invitation. 

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time):  Dec 18 10:42 AM (PST)
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite (Regular Deadline)
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): AGPA ~86, last year 82.5 (didn't qualify for AGPA)
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 523 (132/129/132/130)
Geography (i.e. IP or OOP): IP
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): club president (3 years, 400h), sports coach (2 years, 200h), hiking/camping, civic council/advocacy work (1 year, 70h), leader w various first year orientation events (2 years, 100h), volunteering with people who use drugs (2 years, 200h), homeless shelter volunteer (4 mos, 75h), clinical research assistant (6 mos, 175h), AI/comp sci design challenge (6 mos, 50h), hospital volunteer (2 years, 150h), quality improvement project lead (2 months, 20h), online certificate in public health/quality improvement (6 mos, 20h), lots of research (5 years, various fields, 1000+ hours, some were full time over the summer and others were PT during school year, no pubs), first aid/lifeguarding/lifesaving courses (6 years, 400h), travel, sports hobby, TA (1 term, 100h), residence advisor (1 year, 15h a week), lifeguard/swim instructor (5 years, 10h/week), currently working full time in clinical research
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): Last year - 50th-75th percentile but I significantly improved my extracurriculars in the past year
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff): Last year 46 from inspect element

4 minutes ago, marker_34 said:

Went on OAS and says Regrets.

super confused cause it says NAQ 75-100 and my average is 89. I’m also IP? My score is even above the cutoff? :///

will update when home

IP too. My NAQ was 75-100 percentile and average 94. MCAT 520 but rejected :( 52% using inspect element