Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2020/21

5 minutes ago, Sarahread460 said:

I think there is some mistake ...I have a high GPA and 75-100 percentile NAQ as well for OOP, but was midway between BCC cutoff and OOP cutoff

I had a 92.somth and a 25th to 50th percentile ec last year and I was about 1/3 of the way past the ip cutoff toward the oop line last year, in case that helps for reference? Idk if the pool is more competitive this year

8 minutes ago, HappyHippo said:

Anyone else receive absolutely nothing still? I’m IP. This receiving absolutely nothing is the ultimate blow.. maybe my app was lost? Ha

I’m in the same position. I think they’ve gotta send out the regrets in waves, but they don’t seem to be following alpha order bc I would be one of the first to receive then 

Hi Everyone, here is a mini guide on how to use Inspect Elements:

1. Press F12 to open Inspect Elements

2. Find line of code that reads <div id="ctl100_content_main_pnl_tfr"> and press the > arrow on the left-hand side to open the drop down, or use "Pick and Element from the Page" tool on the left-hand most side of the Inspect Elements bar and click the area that has the slider bar.

3. Find the drop down menu within this drop down (line of code starts with <div id="slider" class="ui-slider ... etc.)

4. You will see 5 slider values. The first will be 0, second will be your score out of 100, third will be 53 (IP cut off), fourth will be 63 (OOP cut off), and the last will be 100.

Hope you all either a) improved from last year, or b) have found areas to work on your apps. Cheers!

Just wanted to post my stats! 

IP: Regrets 

GPA= 80.29% (Don't qualify for aGPA this year)

NAQ score= 75th-100th Percentile

I had already knew that my GPA was a bit on the lower side so I'm definitely looking forward to that being improved when my first year is dropped! Congratulations to everyone who received and interview! 

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): Dec 18, 1:20PM
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): 87%
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 512 (128/127/126/131)
Geography (i.e. IP or OOP): IP
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies):  Course-based master's degree, in several student clubs, research (but no publications yet), hospital volunteering, a few leadership awards
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in):  N/A
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff): N/A

Ah I can't believe it!! I applied two years ago and got regrets so just so grateful to have made it this far. I didn't think I would ever be competitive enough to get into med as I was well below the cutoff when I applied two years ago - for people who got the R this year, I know how much it sucks but honestly, I have had some of the coolest opportunities in these two years, so highly recommend doing something you really want to do while you apply again so you enjoy the process :)

Sorry to post late, just saw the email (last name S for reference)

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time):  Dec 18 2:14PM (PST)
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite! (Regular Deadline)
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): overall 4.16 on a 4.3 scale 
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 512
Geography (i.e. IP or OOP): IP
ECs: Research grants in the summers, honours thesis, job experience from age 15, working with children and adults with disabilities, executive member of clubs in uni, lots of sports in high school, travelling 
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in): No clue, first cycle applicant
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff): 

I'm a somewhat non-trad applicant and I was so intimidated by premed students in the past; but you have all been so supportive and compassionate on this forum! Congrats to all who got interviews and best of luck to those who haven't heard

Time Stamp (i.e. include date and time): Dec 18, 9:23AM
Result (i.e. invite or regrets): Invite
GPA/AGPA (i.e. whichever is applicable): Not sure, can't get in to OAS to see. Non Traditional with a few bad grades (1 C and 2 Fs) from random distance courses from ~10 yrs ago.. However currently in 4th yr of undergrad with all grades ≥89%
MCAT (i.e. total score and breakdown in the order of CP/CARS/BB/PS): 514 - don't remember. But I remember CARS was 126 - both BB and CARS were my best sections in practice and my lowest sections in the real thing...
Geography (i.e. IP or OOP): IP
ECs (i.e. brief rundown of Research Pubs/Presentations, Awards, Employment, and Non-Academic Activities - also Rural stuff if you want/if it applies): No research; No pubs; Long-term volunteering in a care-home, the local food-bank, as well as some other unique long-term volunteer activities.. Lots of unique work experience with lots of leadership involved. Lived and worked rurally my entire life. Extensive hobbies and interests. I am so shocked and definitely feel there is a certain amount of luck in this process. I did not think I was getting an interview this year. I already signed up to retake the MCAT and applied to my back-up Masters programs. First time applying and I definitely believe my rural suitability is what pulled me through.
NAQ Range (i.e. what quartile you fell in):  N/A
Your Result (i.e. relative to interview cutoff): N/A

Time Stamp: 4:35pm December 18th

Result: Regrets

GPA/AGPA: 84.8% (not eligible for AGPA)

MCAT: 509 (129/125/128/127)

Geography: IP

ECs: No research, semi-generic awards, lots of meaningful employment from high school, fundraising board executive in high school, hospital volunteering, first aid attendant, volunteer for a university service, travel, hobbies, random interests. No rural experience. Most were quite long term, 1-2 years at least.

NAQ Range: 75th-100th

Your Result: 44

I agree with what is being said. Its odd that everyone who has posted so far is within 75th-100th NAQ. If it's an error, I guess we won't know until monday. Could someone please share if they have any result other than 75th-100th?