Premed 101 Forums

UBC MD Interview Invites/Regrets Thread - 2020/21

15 minutes ago, Alysse212 said:

If it's staggered wouldn't that be unfair? Like those who were lucky to receive an earlier invite (but didn't apply early) would get to choose their interview date first. I don't think they would do that, in my opinion. Maybe staggered rejections but not invites

Yes, to clarify what I meant was ALL early applicant invites in one day. And then of course regular invites in one day as well. 

just meant I don’t think they’ll do invites AND rejections in one day. For instance since early app invite has gone out, I don’t think I (regular deadline) will hear back today, regardless of whether it’s invite or rejection ... but who knows! 

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just gonna leave this here...have fun inputting every data point into Excel, UBC

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, minahg said:

Apparatenly, according to the premed forum from last year, these were the times of rejections. Monday December 9 was their first day last year

First wave of rejections: ~1:30 pm PST (4:30 PM EST).  Monday, Dec 9

Second wave of rejections: ~5:30pm PST. Monday, Dec 9

Third wave of rejections: ~9:00 am. Tues, Dec 10

When do the invites start coming out with respect to these times? 

46 minutes ago, kronos said:

Only one person has posted about receiving their invite so far. Not trying to point fingers here, but in the past when this has happened it's usually been someone trolling.

Go on with your lives people. It'll happen when it happens

I've seen way too many people do this in the past as well... If trolling, I genuinely wonder why.

2 hours ago, kronos said:

Only one person has posted about receiving their invite so far. Not trying to point fingers here, but in the past when this has happened it's usually been someone trolling.

Go on with your lives people. It'll happen when it happens

Yeah this has gotta be trolling. No one else has posted anything. Pretty disappointing to see this stuff.

4 minutes ago, WizardPalace said:

Yeah this has gotta be trolling. No one else has posted anything. Pretty disappointing to see this stuff.

It's weird because if you look at their account they seem to actually be a normal user...you would expect a troll to make a throwaway account or something. Fair enough though I agree seems like a troll, there would've been more people saying they got invites/rejections

Kind of unrelated but if you can't stop refreshing your email, you can set up email to text fowarding only from oasportal@medd.med.ubc.ca . I tested it using my second email account and I got the text on my phone within 30 seconds every time. Since it comes through as a text, you can also change the text tone to something unique :) Check the attached pic for instructions. Best of luck to everyone! 

Email to Text Forwarding.jpg

1 minute ago, nothingbutmed said:

Kind of unrelated but if you can't stop refreshing your email, you can set up email to text fowarding only from oasportal@medd.med.ubc.ca . I tested it using my second email account and I got the text on my phone within 30 seconds every time. Since it comes through as a text, you can also change the text tone to something unique :) Check the attached pic for instructions. Best of luck to everyone! 

Email to Text Forwarding.jpg

Thank you for this! Much less anxiety provoking than my generic email notification tone going off and giving me heart palpitations every ~30 minutes :D

This is only a product of my imagination :lol:

Probably the first rejection is this coming Wednesday and the rest of the rejection will be sent out on Thursday. Friday will be the reserved day for the early invites. The weekend will be the adcoms' time to relax, chill and have a glass of red wine! Then, when Monday comes, regular invites will be sent out. 

I think I'm just trying to amuse myself as the stress of waiting is not helping at all especially in the middle of final exam season.  :lol:

14 minutes ago, PreMed#219099 said:

i guess they really meant it when they said 14th-24th lol

Any updates on OAS for anyone?

No, no updates on OAS. I think they will only send out emails (rejections or invites) once they have updated their website. They would need to add the interim statistics, the blog post and the FAQ before sending out the emails to prevent people from asking many questions. 

1 hour ago, nothingbutmed said:

HAHA yes that's what I did for the acceptances in May... I couldn't get it to work on my phone for some reason. So I shockingly found out I got accepted when my mom's phone rang. :lol:

4 hours ago, PreMed#219099 said:

after rejections traditionally

I believe last year there was nothing on the 11th

and then early = 12th

regular invites = 13th

I'm unsure, I could be wrong

There was no gap between 2nd day of rejections and early invites! So regular invites were Thursday, Dec. 12th at 11:28 am PST last year :) (I still have the e-mail pinned lol)

15 minutes ago, Fast_Layne said:

There was no gap between 2nd day of rejections and early invites! So regular invites were Thursday, Dec. 12th at 11:28 am PST last year :) (I still have the e-mail pinned lol)

It sounds like they sent early invites & the remaining rejections on the same day then (day 2)? P.S. Congratulations on your acceptance :)

1 hour ago, smolandfeisty said:

It sounds like they sent early invites & the remaining rejections on the same day then (day 2)? P.S. Congratulations on your acceptance :)

Thanks :) So actually I believe it was rejections on the 9th and 10th, then early invites on the 11th, and regular invites on the 12th!