Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Interview Invites/Regrets 2021

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear McMaster, I wrote you but still ain't callin'I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottomI sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'emThere probably was a problem at the

Hi all I know everyone is anxiously waiting (as am I)!    I have been told by Mac admissions that "everyone will be notified of their results by the end of this week".    So, whil

Just sent them a friendly inquiry. Will update here if/when they respond

Reject.

IP

Time stamp 2:30 EST.

Was told my CASPer was average but I had a Low CARS score so didn't expect much. I have a masters with 3.8 GPA and about 8 first author publications but I think this isn't even looked at at Mac so I didn't expect an interview. Good luck to everyone else!

Time stamp: 2:05

Program: MD

Result: Invite!

OMSAS GPA: 3.97

CARS: 131

IP/OOP: IP

Casper: Honestly I blacked it all out within 30 minutes after finishing it. I only have a vague recollection of how I felt after writing it, and I think I just felt okay. I think maybe my GPA and CARS could have made up for a mediocre Casper though?

Result: INVITE!

Timestamp: 2:08PM EST

OMSAS GPA: 3.99

CARS: 128

Casper: Last year I got denied an interview with the same gpa and CARS, so I think my Casper improved this year!

For those that did not get an interview, I understand how hard it must be! Please take care of yourself!

Timestamp: 11:09 AM (PST) 2:09 pm (EST)

Result: Invite

OMSAS GPA: 3.71

CARS: 130

IP/OOP: OOP

Last name: S (if that helps anyone)

I HAVE NO IDEA how I got an OOP interview! I am so beyond shocked, and happy! This is my first cycle, and I had already faced a UBC rejection this cycle so was feeling pretty hopeless before this morning. 

Time stamp: 2:10pm

OMSAS GPA: 3.70

CARS: 129

Casper: I had a really good feeling about my Casper this time around, and it clearly made a difference. Applied with essentially the same stats as the first time I applied two years ago, except now doing an MSc. Good luck to everyone!

19 minutes ago, Fun_Mushroom1998 said:

Time stamp: 2:22

Result: Rejection

OMSAS GPA: 3.95

Casper: honestly felt that I did well on it  but that does not matter how I felt I guess. . Pretty disheartening result. Congrats to those interviewing. 

That's a tough pill to swallow. Casper is a bit of an RNG-fest after a certain point, so try as best you can to not take it personally. With your stats you'll make it in somewhere with some perseverance, so if it's what you really want don't throw in the towel. Good luck mate

Time stamp: 2:09 pm

OMSAS GPA: 3.90

CARS: 128

Casper: It felt pretty average. I remember being cut off at one sentence for only one question, but besides that it was pretty decent. Didn't feel amazing but didn't feel like I completely bombed it, hence why I felt it was average. 

Time stamp: 2:52PM ET

Result: Rejection

OMSAS GPA: 3.89

CASPer: felt okay (got cut off by the timer on the third question a few times) and answered all the questions - but clearly I didn't do well enough.

Congrats to everyone who got an invite. Good luck.

Result: regrets

Timestamp: 2:40 PM EST

OMSAS GPA: 3.71

CARS: 127

Casper: uhhh genuinely no idea :/ wasn’t feeling confident at all given my GPA and CARS but i’m pretty worried about my casper performance for other schools..... 

wishing everyone all the best regardless of if you received an invite or not!!! i’m rooting for all of you :wub: