Premed 101 Forums

Did anyones status update to awaiting decision

35 minutes ago, boymama20 said:

Can we also talk about how Dr. P hasn't updated us yet? I thought that was forthcoming. 

It would be nice to receive some sort of update like Dr. Walker provided in the past just to calm some nerves. I'm going to assume that he is busy with other things, especially considering the effects of the pandemic on the faculty. 

Mine changed to "awaiting decision" today! 

Definitely disappointed that there haven't been any updates on the blog, I was curious to see how many apps were moving forward into file review. But I also saw that last year, Dr. P posted around this time to say that file review was almost complete, so maybe we'll have an update soon! 

Hi all! :) 

IP applicant over here who submitted Sept. 29, still has my application status listed as "submitted". It's definitely making me a bit nervous, but it very well (hopefully) could mean nothing.

My top theories are: 

- This (maybe) means they didn't read my app & go "thanks but no thanks", immediately tossing it out along with my hopes and dreams.... so.... I like this theory. Lol.

- Along this same line, maybe my score is close to the cutoff and they haven't made a decision yet. Welp. 

- They haven't reviewed my file yet (pls let this not be the case)

- The adcom hasn't had time to update everyone's status yet, for whatever reason 

Just wanted to post for anyone else who is in the same boat and may be feeling some nerves about it :ph34r: Good luck everyone!

9 minutes ago, smolandfeisty said:

Hi all! :) 

IP applicant over here who submitted Sept. 29, still has my application status listed as "submitted". It's definitely making me a bit nervous, but it very well (hopefully) could mean nothing.

My top theories are: 

- This (maybe) means they didn't read my app & go "thanks but no thanks", immediately tossing it out along with my hopes and dreams.... so.... I like this theory. Lol.

- Along this same line, maybe my score is close to the cutoff and they haven't made a decision yet. Welp. 

- They haven't reviewed my file yet (pls let this not be the case)

- The adcom hasn't had time to update everyone's status yet, for whatever reason 

Just wanted to post for anyone else who is in the same boat and may be feeling some nerves about it :ph34r: Good luck everyone!

I wouldn't stress too much! Mine still says submitted as well

If anyone's thinking that it still says "submitted" because they're not interested then it's also just as likely that they are interested and saving those till the end

Of course I don't think either of these are true whatsoever lol, likely just random and they haven't gotten around to reviewing/updating them all (if they were finished then there would have been an update on the blog by now saying so)

The admin office might be overwhelmed with the increase of almost 300 applications. In confrontation of the economic downturn, a lot of people in oil and gas and engineering are trying to change career path. Medicine is a good alternative since it is stable. I feel that the competition is going to be very strong this year. And I image that it is not going to get easier next year. I hope the admission committee can give out more invites.

If you look at the blog post from last year where Dr.P announced file review was done he says that they're beginning to meet to rank the files, which would indicate that no ranking has taken place yet. From that wording I would assume that there is no correlation between when your application is reviewed and status changed to 'awaiting decision' and if you'll receive an invite.