Premed 101 Forums

University Of Alberta 2021 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2025

Sweetjasmine

Hi, Thank you for making this.

I applied and Haven't done the LOI yet! any suggestion guys for me, how to make it strong?I heard this is really important, btw, my stats are not at best, My cGPA is around 3.54 and my pGPA is around 3.5, and I am an IP student. I have volunteer experience over 7 months now worked as an assistance.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:13 AM, Elsha93pharmd said:

Hi, Thank you for making this.

I applied and Haven't done the LOI yet! any suggestion guys for me, how to make it strong?I heard this is really important, btw, my stats are not at best, My cGPA is around 3.54 and my pGPA is around 3.5, and I am an IP student. I have volunteer experience over 7 months now worked as an assistance.

Those stats seem really good and mines not nearly that good.

LOI is letter of intent

• 3 weeks later...

Can we all just focus on the main goal of this discussion. I created this discussion to talk about the application deadlines and interviews not the job opportunities. I'm pretty sure there are discussions about that where your info will be greatly appreciated but this discussion is not the best place for your info. Anyone interested can also look up those discussions where they can find similar info which will be helpful for their purpose, but this discussion purpose is not related to these types of info. Thanks all.

Hey! I'm in my second year of the program currently (Class of 2021); let me know if you guys have any questions I might be able to help with! Not sure how often I'll check this forum but be sure to read some of the previous years' application threads for some information :) Good luck!

Well it might be different for you guys but the interview really wasn't that bad. The LOI and interview are basicallyyyy just ways to get to know you and aren't very intensive. When they release the interview software link, there will be a section where you can practice how the system works (with non-pharmacy related questions), so remember to practice using that to calm your nerves a little. Just be aware of how much time you're given for each question and try to get your answers/points across effectively :) I'm sure y'all will do great! Let me know if you guys have more questions once you get further into your applications :)

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, dd2025 said:

What did you put for LOI? Mine was short.  

For the first portion, I put what motivated me to want to get into the field. I kind of had a specific event that made me see the profession in a different light, so I talked about that, and finished it off by how I can contribute to the field if I get in. 

For extracurriculars, I talked about what I do aside from work/school/organized volunteering. I had somewhat of a variety of extracurriculars that did not involve the usual school clubs, so I talked about how the activities I chose to do impacted me, those around me and how I would relate them to the field. 

There is only so much we can say in 500 characters tho! :) 

• 3 weeks later...