Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Dental Interview Invite

16 hours ago, hopefulpremed98 said:

How are people prepping for interviews? Since it’s only 3 stations I would think they wouldn’t have the usual ethical scenarios and more likely have basic questions like why dentistry. What are people’s thoughts?

Is it confirmed to be MMI this year? They said they'd let us know in a "couple of weeks" about interview details but at that point we'd only have a week max to prep for the interview - unless I'm missing something 

2 hours ago, issab19 said:

Is it confirmed to be MMI this year? They said they'd let us know in a "couple of weeks" about interview details but at that point we'd only have a week max to prep for the interview - unless I'm missing something 

In the email they said it would be a 30 minute interview so similar to the interviews last year. I don’t see why they would change the format from mmi. They said they’d send more details in a few weeks but I think that’s more about instructions to do the interviews virtually, not about the format. 

1 hour ago, hopefulpremed98 said:

In the email they said it would be a 30 minute interview so similar to the interviews last year. I don’t see why they would change the format from mmi. They said they’d send more details in a few weeks but I think that’s more about instructions to do the interviews virtually, not about the format. 

What has been the format like in the previous years?

2 hours ago, rv156 said:

I wonder how many people were invited this year. With it being online, I wonder if they got more applications, and sent out more invites as a result.

Could someone potentially get this information? 

I mean... The application process was largely the same as previous years for uoft so I don't see why more people would apply. McGills decision to not look at the DAT this year prob resulted in more applications this cycle tho

3 hours ago, Plsadmitme said:

Did anyone get any confirmation of their interview from uoft? In the invite email they said to reply if you were accepting and I did but I haven’t gotten any emails to confirm. Just a little worried they might think I’m rejecting the interview invite. Thanks

I sent my interview acceptance on Friday and received confirmation this morning. You have until the 25th to accept the invite, so you should receive a response soon!