Premed 101 Forums

Anyone else confused what the Virtual Registration Session is?

Maybe I missed something but I still don't get what exactly this is. We need to upload some stuff before hand, I understand, but what actually happens in the registration session. It isn't assessed at all, right? Is it just us confirming who we are and the time of our interview? What are they going to ask us and why is it necessary?

21 minutes ago, M3P0 said:

Maybe I missed something but I still don't get what exactly this is. We need to upload some stuff before hand, I understand, but what actually happens in the registration session. It isn't assessed at all, right? Is it just us confirming who we are and the time of our interview? What are they going to ask us and why is it necessary?

There is always a registration step - they confirm your identify, get you to sign a non disclosure agreement, etc. It’s necessary because otherwise any one could show up to the interview and pretend to be you. 

29 minutes ago, frenchpress said:

There is always a registration step - they confirm your identify, get you to sign a non disclosure agreement, etc. It’s necessary because otherwise any one could show up to the interview and pretend to be you. 

Thanks, but that's strange to me because other schools don't do this and still manage.

4 hours ago, M3P0 said:

BTW, would you recommend I wear interview style clothing for the virtual registration session? Or is the whole thing fairly informal?

I think a semi-formal would be fine. That’s what I’m gonna go for. As long as you don’t look like you just woke up or planning to work out at a gym. 

7 hours ago, M3P0 said:

BTW, would you recommend I wear interview style clothing for the virtual registration session? Or is the whole thing fairly informal?

Classically registration happens right before the interview, so people are wearing the same clothes they wear to the interview. With virtual it’s all new and there are limited rules or precedent. But common sense suggests you look clean and professional, probably you don’t need to wear a suit.