Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2020/2021

1 minute ago, AgentBond said:

Omfg did anyone else do terribly on CASPER according to the rejection feedback email?

I got quintile 5! It was my second CASPER date (after American schools date), and I walked out feeling great. I feel like someone just punched me in the gut.

Yup, I was in the 3rd quintile last year and now 4th quintile this year. Not sure if this reflects me doing worse on the CASPer this year or the OOP applicant pool just being more competitive this cycle. Hurts nonetheless.

10 minutes ago, Kylo Renin said:

Yup, I was in the 3rd quintile last year and now 4th quintile this year. Not sure if this reflects me doing worse on the CASPer this year or the OOP applicant pool just being more competitive this cycle. Hurts nonetheless.

Does manitoba show your Casper Quintile? I can't seem to find mine.

NVM I FOUND THE EMAIL, LMAOO THANKS FOR THE SECOND REJECTION

1 hour ago, AgentBond said:

Omfg did anyone else do terribly on CASPER according to the rejection feedback email?

I got quintile 5! It was my second CASPER date (after American schools date), and I walked out feeling great. I feel like someone just punched me in the gut.

meeeee. im literally so scared for mcmaster right now.

14 minutes ago, AgentBond said:

5th quintile too? And, RIP my chances at Mac too. Fuck this bullshit test. There is no reliability to it... I did really well on the American one based on my feedback there. 

Yeah, 5th quintile. I'm trying to use my entire brain right now and somehow rationalize it. Maybe the OOP pool that made the MCAT cutoff was small and amazing smart? LOL anything to keep my self-esteem from crumbling

25 minutes ago, PurpleMonkey said:

Yeah, 5th quintile. I'm trying to use my entire brain right now and somehow rationalize it. Maybe the OOP pool that made the MCAT cutoff was small and amazing smart? LOL anything to keep my self-esteem from crumbling

I'm in the same boat however my email said that the quintile was based on all OOP applicants... Feel completely lost right now. 5th Quintile feels terrible.

8 minutes ago, Risto321 said:

Does anyone feel like this applicant pool was more competitive than usual?

I think it might be. Just by looking at the limited sample size of this thread. Alot of 522+ 4.4+ OOP's were rejected and a few 508 3.9 IP's got rejected. I feel like those IP stats historically get an interview. But who knows, all speculation at this point.

9 hours ago, premed1989 said:

IP/OOP: IP

Decision: Regrets

MCAT: 508

aGPA: 3.84

Coefficients: Socioeconomic and rural

2nd rejection in 2 years but 2021/2022 cycle here I come! Winners never quit and quitters never win :-)

If you can improve your MCAT by a couple of points, it would be really beneficial 

4 hours ago, AgentBond said:

Yuuuup 5th. I think I needed something like 15th percentile for Mac now I'm scared lmaoo. Out of curiosity I wonder what GPA/MCAT corresponds to each quintile for oop

1 hour ago, MasterDoc said:

If you can improve your MCAT by a couple of points, it would be really beneficial 

Thank you for the insight! I'm working on this as we speak and I'm really encouraged by the IP invitations I've seen going to to others with a similar AGPA and only slightly higher (I believe one was only 3 points higher) MCAT scores. I'm aiming for 515 or higher to be more competitive next time around Lots of work to do for sure before I can get to see what it feels like to be invited to interview :-)

1 hour ago, string said:

I think it might be. Just by looking at the limited sample size of this thread. Alot of 522+ 4.4+ OOP's were rejected and a few 508 3.9 IP's got rejected. I feel like those IP stats historically get an interview. But who knows, all speculation at this point.

I've been trolling this site for a few years (only became eligible to apply last cycle) and someone was invited to interview with a 3.6 and 506 last year or the year before that so it may very well be a more competitive year this time around.

2 minutes ago, premed1989 said:

I've been trolling this site for a few years (only became eligible to apply last cycle) and someone was invited to interview with a 3.6 and 506 last year or the year before that so it may very well be a more competitive year this time around.

It’s also possible that the person came through the Indigenous stream and just didn’t mention it. If you look at the U of M admissions statistics those stats are competitive in that stream especially with a high CASPer. 

8 minutes ago, EthicsForBreakfast said:

It’s also possible that the person came through the Indigenous stream and just didn’t mention it. If you look at the U of M admissions statistics those stats are competitive in that stream especially with a high CASPer. 

Very true. The individual didn't mention what stream they applied under only that they had rural coefficients factored in. As far as what I've observed from application statistics from previous cycles, some people got in through the regular stream with as low an MCAT score as 503 but they likely had fantastic AGPAs, CASPer and MMI scores etc.