Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2020/2021

On 1/8/2021 at 10:36 PM, Psych said:

I honestly wouldn't worry, 128 cars is not bad at all, it's actually really good (you're only 1 below the median for mac, and I know a ton of people currently in medicine who couldn't score that high for the life of them). 3rd quintile casper is also not bad- you're right in the middle which should be more than enough with your gpa and cars. I'd be really surprised if you don't get an interview at mac and other ontario schools depending on ABS

Thank you for the encouragement :) I shall keep irrational anxiety at bay and just live life until judgment day.  

IP/OOP: IP

Decision: Refused

MCAT: 500

aGPA: 4.27

Coefficients: More than five 1st or 2nd-author publications, some SES

Casper: 5th quintile :( ....any advice on how to import my Casper? 

To me, it seems MCAT is all what they care about....and also Congrats to those who made it to the interview!

IP/OOP: OOP

Decision: Regrets

MCAT: 519

aGPA: 4.08 (my US GPA is 4.0/4.0... pretty bummed about that conversion)

Coefficients: Extensive rural background, some lower SES factors

Fifth quintile in all categories for OOP. Oh well. Congrats on all who have received an invite, and good luck on your interview. You earned it!!!

11 hours ago, PirouetteCacahuete said:

IP/OOP: OOP

Decision: Regrets

MCAT: 519

aGPA: 4.08 (my US GPA is 4.0/4.0... pretty bummed about that conversion)

Coefficients: Extensive rural background, some lower SES factors

Fifth quintile in all categories for OOP. Oh well. Congrats on all who have received an invite, and good luck on your interview. You earned it!!!

The 4.0 to 4.5 GPA conversion sucks. I went to a US uni for my undergrad too and the conversion bites you in the butt every time.

15 minutes ago, premed1989 said:

The 4.0 to 4.5 GPA conversion sucks. I went to a US uni for my undergrad too and the conversion bites you in the butt every time.

Same here! 4.0 GPA from the US. I'm an in province applicant for U of Manitoba who is 100% rural so it's definitely been frustrating dealing with their GPA conversion. Best of luck to both of you!

On 1/10/2021 at 9:06 AM, premed1989 said:

I didn't want to be part of the endless list of people who were going to email them post invites/regrets but I was so convinced they made a mistake that I did. They emailed me back saying that was no mistake. Well then that's a terrible conversion system is all I have to say :P  No big deal though. It was a long shot as an OOP anyway and I bombed the CASPer too - lol.

Again, congrats to everyone! Don't bomb that interview now, hehehe. Just got an invite for NOSM so I'm feeling a little more hopeful today. That OMSAS conversion was a lot kinder to me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 7:10 AM, Siegmeyer of Catarina said:

IP/OOP: IP

Decision: Invite

MCAT: 508

aGPA: 3.76

Coefficients: Some SES

CASPer: 3rd quintile (was sent an email by CASPer with my grade for some reason lol)

Hopefully we can all relax during the 3 month wait! Best of luck everybody :)

pool?

personally: R 

MB pool

3rd q casper ...  

competition is HIGH haha 

3 hours ago, WpgJets said:

Damn. Did you have any coefficients? I can't imagine the range of 3rd quintile CASPer scores is very wide either... so that might have been the deciding factor.

yes, had some coefficients. I cannot remember exactly which ones I checked off but for sure not rural.. All I can do at this point is try to achieve a 528 score and crack the casper. Will be grinding 

On 2/19/2021 at 7:10 AM, Siegmeyer of Catarina said:

IP/OOP: IP

Decision: Invite

MCAT: 508

aGPA: 3.76

Coefficients: Some SES

CASPer: 3rd quintile (was sent an email by CASPer with my grade for some reason lol)

Hopefully we can all relax during the 3 month wait! Best of luck everybody :)

Wow, I almost don't believe it. Do you think it was the SES or just pure luck?