Premed 101 Forums

uOttawa Interview Invite/Rejection 2021

18 minutes ago, deadliftgod said:

Screenshot email saying 27th pls. troll alert

13 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

didn't the OP say they said "sometime around"?

that in academic speak is +/- a couple of days. Always so vague :)

hang in there everyone!

LOL yes, the e-mail said sometime around Jan 27th. No particular date. You don't need a screenshot because that is literally what it said. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you guys all get going with what will feel like a rollercoaster of emotions regardless of whether you receive and invite or not, I just want to congratulate you all for all your accomplishments, as

Yeah of course! I had a 3.83 GPA when applying but I unfortunately had a really rough semester and so my GPA dropped to 3.69 which was below the 3.7 cutoff for the french stream. So they unfortunately

I don't want to jinx it. but this may be a good sign. This very same thing happened last year.... Good luck!

13 minutes ago, ChekTiki said:

I just emailed them and they said this, I think what people were getting before as well: “I wish to inform you that candidates will receive the status of application by e-mail at the end of January 2021.”

I got the same response and its weird how they said "at" instead of "by" which made me think maybe this friday but who tf knows lol.

2 minutes ago, Hanboy123 said:

I got the same response and its weird how they said "at" instead of "by" which made me think maybe this friday but who tf knows lol.

ha - don't over thinking it :) By putting it near the end they just cover their bases. No one is going to complain if it comes out early but if it is late - well pain and suffering!

These things are a lot less organized than people may think. A lot of it when you boil it down is just it is really hard to get the necessary people together, and random things in the office can change dates (I always say these are critical dates for us but if you work in the admin office your life still has to go on and that means vacations, illness or personal time etc.). 

4 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

ha - don't over thinking it :) By putting it near the end they just cover their bases. No one is going to complain if it comes out early but if it is late - well pain and suffering!

These things are a lot less organized than people may think. A lot of it when you boil it down is just it is really hard to get the necessary people together, and random things in the office can change dates (I always say these are critical dates for us but if you work in the admin office your life still has to go on and that means vacations, illness or personal time etc.). 

This is so true... They keep it open in case 

Invite/Rejection: Rejection 
Time Stamp: 12:36 pm
Stream: English
cGPA: 3.97
Current year: 4th year undergrad
ECs: some research, many clubs (leads and founder), full entrance scholarship, hospital volunteering etc a variety of things 

Casper and Snapshot: felt okay, completed everything but not the fastest type, sad to think my typing may decide if I get into med school 

Congrats to all those with invites :)

16 minutes ago, Applicantnovice said:

I did

26 minutes ago, Jumpman said:

Anyone in the french stream get an R?

Did you guys also get "Il arrive que des places se libèrent durant le processus de sélection pour les entrevues. Dans un tel cas, si vous êtes la prochaine personne sur la liste, nous pourrions communiquer avec vous, par téléphone ou par courriel, pour vous convoquer à une entrevue." ? 

4 minutes ago, alextaylor677 said:

Did you guys also get "Il arrive que des places se libèrent durant le processus de sélection pour les entrevues. Dans un tel cas, si vous êtes la prochaine personne sur la liste, nous pourrions communiquer avec vous, par téléphone ou par courriel, pour vous convoquer à une entrevue." ? 

i did

Invite/Rejection: R
Time Stamp: 12:42
cGPA: 3.93
Current year: 3rd
ECs: Paid research, posters, research grant, full scholarship, lots of employment, volunteering and clubs kinda weak. 

Casper and Snapshot: didn't do snapshot and barely prepped for CASPer but read that **DELETED** book, my friends say I'm good at giving advice lol, idk

Insight:

I'm sure there are weaknesses in my app, but I just witnessed my entire friend group of 3.9-4.0 GPAs, and super strong ECs get rejected. This process feels so random I don't even know what to say, I'm speechless...

Invite/Rejection: Rejection 
Time Stamp: 12:45 pm
cGPA: 4.0
Current year: UG complete
ECs:   Above average.

Casper and Snapshot: Did not complete snapshot. Honestly I felt my casper went well lol,  I was able to tie a lot questions with personal experiences, evaluate different perspectives, and the feedbacks I got from others while practicing were all positive. I also improved my typing speed from 35WPM to 65ish this year. 

I would have never applied to any school that uses casper if I knew my quartile ranking before submitting applications and save myself all the application fees :(.