56 minutes ago, Jumpman said:

Anyone in the french stream get an R?

47 minutes ago, Applicantnovice said:

I did

34 minutes ago, alextaylor677 said:

Yeppppp

25 minutes ago, newtothis said:

i did

French stream applicants, if you'd be so kind, could you provide your stats, ECs and thoughts on Casper?

Rejected, I was actually accepted to uOttawa MD program in the French stream in my 3rd year but my conditional offer was taken back unfortunately. It's okay, I was accepted to 3 medical schools in the USA so I will be headed there next year. I am happy to help those who have questions about the interview on how to prepare/do well :) Good luck everyone and congrats to those who got invites!!

Invite/Rejection: Rejection 
Time Stamp: 12:25 pm
Stream: English
cGPA: 3.97
Current year: UG completed; in MPH program
ECs: Lots of research (paid and volunteer), 2 pubs (one 1st author), a good amount of scholarships/awards, 3 jobs at time of application (2 hospital jobs and 1 research; 400-2000 hours each), 2 volunteer placements at time of application (health promotion and hospital volunteering with vulnerable populations), no clubs, and other things. Just a wide variety of experiences. 

Casper and Snapshot: Completed the snapshot. Felt pretty good about everything. Can type ~80wpm and had 4-8 lines of text/question. 

1 minute ago, anonfrenchie said:

Rejected, I was actually accepted to uOttawa MD program in the French stream in my 3rd year but my conditional offer was taken back unfortunately. It's okay, I was accepted to 3 medical schools in the USA so I will be headed there next year. I am happy to help those who have questions about the interview on how to prepare/do well :) Good luck everyone and congrats to those who got invites!!

Do you mind me asking how a conditional offer was taken back? I didnt know that could happen?

Just now, pre-med 12344321 said:

Do you mind me asking how a conditional offer was taken back? I didnt know that could happen?

Yeah of course! I had a 3.83 GPA when applying but I unfortunately had a really rough semester and so my GPA dropped to 3.69 which was below the 3.7 cutoff for the french stream. So they unfortunately took back my conditional offer a week later.

Invite/Rejection: Invite!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time Stamp: 10:13 am AKST
Stream: French
cGPA: 3.92
Current year: Last semester of UG
ECs: Typicial premed stuff is average, but long term leadership experience with dogmushing both guiding and competing. Strong rural background.

Casper and Snapshot: I bombed my English Casper this year, but as a French stream applicant I had to release the french one to UOttawa and I felt good after completing it.

OMG I still can't believe it! 

"Occasionally, vacancies occur during the selection process for interviews. Should this happen, and if you are the next person on the list, you may be contacted (by telephone or by email) for an interview."

Is the top sentence written in all rejection emails? or is there a hidden waitlist or something?

1 minute ago, faraway-9 said:

"Occasionally, vacancies occur during the selection process for interviews. Should this happen, and if you are the next person on the list, you may be contacted (by telephone or by email) for an interview."

Is the top sentence written in all rejection emails? or is there a hidden waitlist or something?

It's written in all rejection letters I think :/

Invite/Rejection: Invite
Time Stamp: Around 2:00 EST
Stream: French
cGPA: 3.97
Current year: UG completed
ECs: Research, clubs, hospital volunteering, 1 pub and another paper submitted

Casper and Snapshot: Did not complete snapshot, CASPer felt good.