Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2020/2021

Hey everyone! I didn't see a thread yet so I thought I would make one for discussion/ stats... :)

Timestamp:

Interview: Yes or No
GPA: OMSAS 4.0 scale
Context: (What is your rural or Northern Ontario connection?)
ECs: (Summation of your extracurricular activities)
Non-trad?:
# of previous applications:

Interview Location/Date/Time:

I would say that it will be tomorrow or Wednesday. They told me "early in the week" via email, but I also know they are allowing graduate students to provide proof of degree completion until Tuesday at 4:30. That said, I would guess they will wait until this information is submitted before they send out interview information. I would also guess that the person who posted stats may have been trolling to stress others out. 

5 hours ago, SmallTownGal said:

I would say that it will be tomorrow or Wednesday. They told me "early in the week" via email, but I also know they are allowing graduate students to provide proof of degree completion until Tuesday at 4:30. That said, I would guess they will wait until this information is submitted before they send out interview information. I would also guess that the person who posted stats may have been trolling to stress others out. 

I also suspect a troll. 

I got that email this weekend. When I read message preview and realized it was from from NOSM admissions, my stomach jumped into my throat. :/ 

I am hoping Wednesday at the latest. 

15 hours ago, Violetvernon35 said:

I also suspect a troll. 

I got that email this weekend. When I read message preview and realized it was from from NOSM admissions, my stomach jumped into my throat. :/ 

I am hoping Wednesday at the latest. 

Same ! I jumped ! I was on my phone and came out of nowhere so aggressively in my face I wasn't prepared haha. Hopefully we hear very soon. 

22 minutes ago, smolandfeisty said:

waiting.jpg

Its almost like they are trying to torture us ... At this point we are mid-week. I have been trying to tell myself to just pretend its coming end of January and stop thinking about it. I havent stopped thinking about it and my mailbox is getting tired of being refreshed ... 

Invites are out!!!!

Timestamp: 7:27 am

Interview: Yes

OMSAS GPA: 3.38+0.2 MA boost = 3.58 (my biggest weakness)

Context: born and raised in NWO. Population less than 2000. 3 years down east in Ottawa area, but came back to NWO 9 years ago.

EC: Chief Research Officer for Indigenous-based organization, employment working in rural and remote Northern communities, 4 kids, employment tenure in adult learning+ lots of other stuff. 

# application cycles: This is my first.

Interview details: March 6 @ 10.

Definitely non-trad.

Timestamp: 7:44 am 

Interview: Yes
GPA: 3.36
Context: Indigenous applicant, grew up on northern and rural reserve all of life (until university in southern Ontario)
ECs: Diverse (from pageantry to traditional hospital volunteering), research assistant doing Indig research in the Arctic, NOSM related (CampMed attendee & volunteer), lots of health sciences summer camps etc. 

Non-trad?: No 
# of previous applications: This is my first. 

Interview Location/Date/Time: March 6th @ 10 am