Premed 101 Forums

Casper for CaRMS

hi i just wrote casper for carms programs and i don't think it went well. i didn't finish a lot of my answers, one of the keys on my keyboard somehow got stuck for part of the test and it really threw me off, and i am just overlal not having a good week lol. :( 

how important is casper for carms? do i need to score really well to get interviews for the programs that need it, or is it just like a "red flag" type of situation?

Sorry to hear this, it sounds like it was a stressful experience. :( I also just wrote it and didn’t feel like it went super great, also in a blah headspace this week and ran out of time on a few stations... I remember feeling more confident after my med school one (and I feel like I should have prepared more). I’m not sure how programs look at it and am curious about that as well. Some of the wording on the descriptions sounded like they use it more as a screening, but I’m not sure (hopefully someone else knows more). 

57 minutes ago, _gettingthere_ said:

how important is casper for carms? do i need to score really well to get interviews for the programs that need it, or is it just like a "red flag" type of situation?

Impossible to say, every program uses it differently. They may use it to narrow down the top applicants who to interview or just use to to screen out red flags. What proportion it matters relative to the rest of your application is also unknown.

On 1/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, bearded frog said:

Impossible to say, every program uses it differently. They may use it to narrow down the top applicants who to interview or just use to to screen out red flags. What proportion it matters relative to the rest of your application is also unknown.

Thanks! Safe to assume that it may also be used in post-interview ranking?