Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2020/2021

4 minutes ago, rainy said:

I have not done yet. I thought I would send them an email first and see what they would say if they reply. I think you should be ok because you have asked for accommodation.

I see! I got way too ahead of myself and then panicked right after lol. I was thinking of emailing them if I didn't hear anything back within the next two days. But could you let me know what they say if they respond back to you? Thanks!

Just now, shiron said:

I see! I got way too ahead of myself and then panicked right after lol. I was thinking of emailing them if I didn't hear anything back within the next two days. But could you let me know what they say if they respond back to you? Thanks!

Absolutely. Don’t worry. It should be ok. They should probably make it more clear how to respond to invites. Not sure if anyone else in this forum can help.

TIME STAMP: 4:17

Result: Interview (MD)

wGPA:  4.0 (small chance my cGPA was used- 3.99)

MCAT: Well above cutoffs

ECs: Research (no pubs), volunteering with diverse populations (<200 hrs), TAing, tutoring, 2 NSERCs, many academic awards, exec of uni clubs, life experience related things

Essays: Honestly felt bad about them, none of the topics spoke to me but I was able to connect to personal examples. Had a med student edit and 2-3 people look over.

Year: 4th year undergrad

I am actually shaking, U of T is my dream school and I was seriously doubting my chances given my essays/ ECs

Hi there, congrats to those who have gotten an interview!!! :)

Just wanted to know if there was any information said in the pre-interview seminar from UofT about the interview waves? 

Are we to expect 3 waves with equal number of invitations, or the first wave (yesterdays) encompasses for ex, 75% of invites.

Any insight is appreciated :)

18 minutes ago, slimduck said:

Hi there, congrats to those who have gotten an interview!!! :)

Just wanted to know if there was any information said in the pre-interview seminar from UofT about the interview waves? 

Are we to expect 3 waves with equal number of invitations, or the first wave (yesterdays) encompasses for ex, 75% of invites.

Any insight is appreciated :)

Based on the number of people who posted in previous years vs the number of people who posted yesterday it doesn't even seem like 33% of total invites were sent yesterday. It's possible there will be a couple more smaller waves to come in order to fill up the first interview date.

56 minutes ago, rainy said:

Also, did you send details of the other interview or just mentioned that you have conflict 

Thanks for letting me know! I also got an email back from them saying that by saying "No" it doesn't invalidate my invite, instead, it alerts them that there is a interview conflict. 

Yup, I included the date and time of my other interview.

2 hours ago, Juan99 said:

Hey guys! Has anyone that received an interview heard back about more details regarding the interview. I RSVP’d but didn’t get a confirmation email cause they said there wouldn’t be but just scared something didn’t go through properly on my end.

thanks everyone!

I haven't heard anything more either, but don't worry about it yet. The email said we should get more information by January 21 which is still a couple days away.

On 1/18/2021 at 1:06 PM, shiron said:

Thanks for letting me know! I also got an email back from them saying that by saying "No" it doesn't invalidate my invite, instead, it alerts them that there is a interview conflict. 

Yup, I included the date and time of my other interview.

Do you think they will reschedule us and send invite again with next batch?

3 hours ago, falarm said:

constantly refreshing here and other forums - if there are more to come out they should come out this week.. praying 4 us

another Med student also corroborated with what was said before - VERY likely all invites for the first round of interviews have already been sent out